WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Allysiarobinson
05-30-2018, 07:20 PM
I know this is a work from home forum, but I have been doing legal transcription for a while from home and have an interview at a law firm tomorrow for a transcriptionist. They asked about preferred salary and I have no idea. Iím used to being paid per audio minute, which is 1.30. I make good money but want a full time job and I donít know what I should say for a salary rate. Any ideas?

IrishChik
03-26-2019, 11:25 AM
So, if you get paid $1.30 an audio minute, that's $78 per audio hour.
Given the transcription rule of thumb that 1 hour of audio generally takes 3-4 hours to transcribe and then proof, you are looking at about $19.50 an hour.

So, if you dropped to $19 hour, 40 hour work week that would be $760 weekly, $3040 monthly, $36,480 yearly.

I'd probably negotiate for $38k per year, but that's just me. Gives you a little wiggle room to work with them.

I know this is a work from home forum, but I have been doing legal transcription for a while from home and have an interview at a law firm tomorrow for a transcriptionist. They asked about preferred salary and I have no idea. Iím used to being paid per audio minute, which is 1.30. I make good money but want a full time job and I donít know what I should say for a salary rate. Any ideas?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1