WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : anyone work with Pactera?

blueyes1012
03-07-2018, 05:18 PM
looking at pactera. haven't taken the test yet, but hear it is hard to pass. anyone have any info on the company? can you make decent money? pay on time? etc.

also -- it says you get paid hourly - is that true, or is it that they anticipate you to be able to do X number of tags to equal that amount --- like will i get $X an hour if i do 30, and if i do 50? lol -- does that make any sense?

thanks for any help and info :)

LadyMia
03-07-2018, 07:59 PM
looking at pactera. haven't taken the test yet, but hear it is hard to pass. anyone have any info on the company? can you make decent money? pay on time? etc.

also -- it says you get paid hourly - is that true, or is it that they anticipate you to be able to do X number of tags to equal that amount --- like will i get $X an hour if i do 30, and if i do 50? lol -- does that make any sense?

thanks for any help and info :)
I work for Pactera. They do pay hourly. They pay you for 1 hour of work. So when you are in their server, you will get paid for working in the server for 1 hour at a time. You get 2 mins to complete a HIT and will only be paid for that 2 mins. If you are in the HIT for longer than that you are not getting credit for time. They do this to prevent people from cheating and staying in a few HITs and still get paid for the hour. There is a minimum amount you must do in that hour.

The pay is $10 an hour now. It used to be $12, when I first started with them over a year ago & I was able to make excellent money. The test is challenging, but they give you a lot of chances to pass it. You can make decent money, however the audio can be challenging. There is only one HIT type I like to do and that's the Speech Tagging, because it is the easiest to do.

Hope this helps.

blueyes1012
03-08-2018, 10:45 AM
I work for Pactera. They do pay hourly. They pay you for 1 hour of work. So when you are in their server, you will get paid for working in the server for 1 hour at a time. You get 2 mins to complete a HIT and will only be paid for that 2 mins. If you are in the HIT for longer than that you are not getting credit for time. They do this to prevent people from cheating and staying in a few HITs and still get paid for the hour. There is a minimum amount you must do in that hour.

The pay is $10 an hour now. It used to be $12, when I first started with them over a year ago & I was able to make excellent money. The test is challenging, but they give you a lot of chances to pass it. You can make decent money, however the audio can be challenging. There is only one HIT type I like to do and that's the Speech Tagging, because it is the easiest to do.

Hope this helps.

thanks ladymia ---
i took the test last night and failed the first attempt -- lol, but i've seen it's challenging. so i'll try it again --
thanks for the info on the pay -- it does make sense to have a time limit in place for them. and good to know you can make decent money.
any tips on passing this silly thing - lol. i wish they would tell you what you're doing wrong so you could correct it. ugh. lol

LadyMia
03-09-2018, 03:27 AM
thanks ladymia ---
i took the test last night and failed the first attempt -- lol, but i've seen it's challenging. so i'll try it again --
thanks for the info on the pay -- it does make sense to have a time limit in place for them. and good to know you can make decent money.
any tips on passing this silly thing - lol. i wish they would tell you what you're doing wrong so you could correct it. ugh. lol
Just make sure you have the instructions open, so you can refer to it, when necessary. On the O type ones, you don't need to capture the noise tag. If you hear conversation that isn't directed toward the machine, just use the <NIS> tags with no wording in between them. I know it is challenging, because sometimes it's hard to know what is considered background noise. Especially when they say that any background noise that is hard to hear should not be considered. Make sure your computer volume is set to no more than 65. This way you won't pick up noises you don't need to tag.

I know it would be nice if they let you know what you got wrong. But hopefully after doing it another time you'll get better.

Happy Friday to you.