WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Blogging for Affiliate Marketing

bookmom
10-28-2017, 02:13 PM
I need a refresher.. Wordpress..which one allows for affiliate marketing for blogging?

JoeSpirit
10-29-2017, 05:44 AM
Are you asking which WP platform permits publication of content promoting affiliate products?

seojesica
11-09-2017, 02:41 AM
Ok, Got It, I also want to know about it in details. I will learn it.

MsFlirtyTalks
11-18-2017, 10:35 PM
I don't think this post is worded correctly. WP is a Content Management System,
it has nothing to do with affiliate marketing. It is a platform for blogs and website creation.

Affiliate marketing is the promotion of products or services that are not yours in which you'll get a commission on a valid sale. Hope this helps clear up a few things.

I need a refresher.. Wordpress..which one allows for affiliate marketing for blogging?

chloember
11-21-2017, 02:56 AM

What niche are you interested in? I used Travelpayouts (https://www.travelpayouts.com) on my travel blog. It helps my visitors to book flights or hotels etc.First time (for 4-5 months) I didn`t earn lots of money, but later it became even a stable income.

geekmom
12-04-2017, 07:55 AM

Wordpress.com is a site that allows you to share a blog on their server. According to their info below, you can put affiliate links on your site as long as your goal is to create original content and not just sell people to your site. Wordpress.com is free to use or you can grab one of their blogging packages.
https://en.support.wordpress.com/affiliate%20links/

Wordpress is also a standalone CMS system that you can add to your own web hosting where you can add your own affiliate links to your heart's desire. Web hosting will run anywhere from $1.00 per month (bad idea) to $50/month (probably overkill.)

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you want to know more.

Thanks,
GeekMom

Petra
01-14-2018, 10:46 PM
chloember
I am very passionate about travel and I was curious if I could message you a few questions?

mountainmom5
01-15-2018, 06:30 PM

Don't use the free wordpress site. I built a few good blogs on it some years ago for affiliate marketing and all at once they shut them all down. I couldn't even get into them to retrieve the content. Things might have changed with how they do things now...

I now use a hosting platform like Bluehost and host wordpress on there. I can do so much more, can host unlimited blogs and I am in charge of my content.

JoeSpirit
01-16-2018, 08:46 AM
Don't use the free wordpress site. I built a few good blogs on it some years ago for affiliate marketing and all at once they shut them all down. I couldn't even get into them to retrieve the content. Things might have changed with how they do things now...

I now use a hosting platform like Bluehost and host wordpress on there. I can do so much more, can host unlimited blogs and I am in charge of my content.

I never thought it wise to give somebody else control of your business activities.

dorothy_
02-03-2018, 04:23 PM
chloember
I am very passionate about travel and I was curious if I could message you a few questions?

Hi Petra,

If you are passionate about something and want to try blogging, this guy has the best free content about making income as a blogger:

Blog Profits Blueprint (https://ej.ontraport.net/t?orid=86447&opid=40)

Juliafer
02-07-2018, 02:36 AM

You should try RevGlue (https://www.revglue.com). They have free WordPress themes and plugins for affiliate marketing. Just select, fetch and run your affiliate website.

J.H.
02-20-2018, 11:35 AM
I would advise against setting up a free blog on Wordpress.com, if that’s what you’re thinking about.

As others have mentioned, you won’t have complete control over your site — it could potentially get shut down in the future without your approval.

If you’re going to invest in a monetized WordPress blog, you’d be much better off by paying for your own domain and hosting.

That way, you can market whatever products you please, and place the referral links wherever you want.

If your blog starts pulling in a decent income after a while, you can rest easy knowing that you have full control over it.

Good luck! :)

Rualon
10-02-2018, 04:48 AM
WordPress has no restrictions on advertising.

CBDMOM
10-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Wordpress DOES allow blogging for Affiliate Marketing / MLM etc.

As mentioned, don't use the Free Version, you'll need to host and setup a WP site through a hosting service (I use Blue Host), but almost anyone will do - there are a few reasons for this:

1) Greater control - you have more control over the content / customized URL etc.
2) Faster Servers - you can get a shared server or a dedicated one for much faster processing
3) More Features - the free version doesn't offer plugins or theme uploads (which are a MUST)
4) Multiple Sites - once you have the paid version set up you can add 100's of more sites for $0 more

What I mean by the "paid version" is the cost of the hosting plan you choose...typically, I pay about $10 per month for Blue Host (paid annually). Then I can run literally 100's of blogs / websites on the WP platform on my server without ANY additional costs (each URL is $8/yr through GoDaddy).

Hope that helps!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1