WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

iamjb
08-13-2017, 02:37 AM
Any helpful advice from someone more experienced in strict-verbatim transcription than myself would be greatly appreciated.

I am contracted to provide strict-verbatim transcripts of phone interviews. While I annotate most nonverbal sounds that either interrupt speech patterns or flow within the speech with tags such as [coughs] and [clears throat], there is the occasional speaker who sniffles to punctuate the end of a statement or, perhaps, a speaker who has a cold or breathing problem and sniffles throughout the interview, sometimes multiple times within a statement. And while I don't mind annotating each and every sniffle if doing so is correct and appropriate, I feel the [sniffles] readability of the [sniffles] transcript is compromised by excessive [sniffles] annotations ;). Any helpful insight on this situation and the treatment of nonverbals in strict-verbatim transcription in general is appreciated. Thank you.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1