WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

05-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Hi all,

I'm going to be a first time mom, and I'm trying to decide if I need to plan on child care with my infant. I currently work at home (40 hours a week, pretty regular schedule). We're thinking about hiring a part-time nanny or mother's helper, but since we've never been parents, we're not sure what to expect.

Thanks!

SamanthaClarck
07-14-2017, 03:34 AM
i think that nanny is a good idea but it can be it can be difficult to find a good one

Henna17
08-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Both my husband and I work from home FULL-TIME but we never hire a nanny to take care of our two children. We don't have relatives to help us taking care or watching over our children. They just grew up with that setup.

And besides, the main reason why we work from home is for us to personally watch over our children.

Kecia08
08-08-2017, 12:58 PM
I think a mother's helper would be a great place to start. Just get someone to come in for a few hours a week so you both can be uninterrupted time to work. However, if your baby is a good sleeper, you may find you don't really need extra help until they are older and are staying awake for longer periods of time.

fulltimebaby
09-24-2017, 04:40 PM
It was hard before my first to understand why I'd need help with a sleeping baby either. but they feed every 2-3 hrs (sometimes for an hour at a time), sometimes need help being put to sleep, and you will barely have time to shower. Also working at home without help is a tall task.