WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

jen78sc
04-20-2017, 12:12 PM
Hi all. Well, I have a good amount of medical transcription experience. But I have not had a lot of luck finding a decent company to work for or one that will pay decently. Anyway, have any of you started your own medical transcription business? It seems this is the only way to make money in this industry anymore. But I am wondering what all is involved in getting started. Do you need to be a CMT? I have years of experience but never took the test to become a CMT. What else would I Need? I really appreciate any and all suggestions!

dgithinji
08-28-2017, 04:55 AM
Hi all. Well, I have a good amount of medical transcription experience. But I have not had a lot of luck finding a decent company to work for or one that will pay decently. Anyway, have any of you started your own medical transcription business? It seems this is the only way to make money in this industry anymore. But I am wondering what all is involved in getting started. Do you need to be a CMT? I have years of experience but never took the test to become a CMT. What else would I Need? I really appreciate any and all suggestions!

Hi there,

This is an awesome step. I'm experienced with General Transcription and I've a small call center where I get work for my team. My advice would be you need to have a buffer of transcribers in case your site gets good traffic. Best of luck!

If you need additional transcribers please message me.

Lori786
01-05-2018, 12:17 AM

Well, you don't have to be a CMT yourself (as far as I know) to start a medical transcription business; however, it would help a lot if you have a few CMTs on your team. The most important thing apart from initial investment is contacts - people who would be willing to give you work. You obviously won't be able to retain a team without constant work to keep them occupied. So work on getting clients and building up a rapport. Start small always and build up as you go along.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1