WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

sara_diaz666
02-07-2017, 04:34 AM
Hi all,

I would like to know how affiliate marketing realls helps in getting good backlinks or is it just the commission from third party websites.

MinnieRiley
02-13-2017, 10:29 AM
Depending on product you are selling in affiliate marketing, can determine your marketing strategy.

Me personally I build up my youtube channel, and post on my blogs. with content relevant to my audience. I tend to go with creating content my audience is already searching for . I am using keyword search software to do that then I made the content relevant to the search terms.

Then shared them on various social media sites and other smaller social bookmarking sites and also comment on other blogs and fan pages that are related to my niche.

The other way to make sales in affiliate marketing is to learn how to do buy ads and have your products in front of ads spaces that are for your target audience.

daronch
02-18-2017, 02:52 AM
You can use social media such as facebook, pinterest, twitter, linkedin etc.

Can also use PPC with Google and Bing seach engine ads.

Solo ads is another option

BryanB
02-22-2017, 09:44 AM
I thought I would jump in quickly and offer my two cents.

I am the owner of a product and we are expanding our company through Exclusive \Dstributors ships, NOT Affiliate Marketing, here is why and here is what I hope will benefit the poster of this thread.

FIRST and foremost you should understand the person who benefits most from any affiliate marketing program is the person who is at the top, the person who YOU are becoming an affiliate for.

Lets say Bob has an software game he wants to sell, he sets up an Affiliate Program, he has you sign up as one of his affiliate's, you put a link on YOUR web site, what happens now ?

if you have no traffic, nothing happens nothing happens for you and nothing happens for Bob. Bob keeps on getting people to become his affiliate's, he wants hundreds, thousands, millions of affiliate's, the more the merrier for Bob, what about YOU ?

You, well you end up with nothing, unless your web site has traffic and some of that traffic clicks on Bobs link, THEN you get paid.

To answer your question, the Bobs of the world get rich, well you,well you get zero
( unless you have traffic)

The moral of the story is this, the rich get richer and the Affiliate's, get not richer !!

Have a great day
Bryan
PS The only way people make money on the Internet is working for it,becoming an Affiliate may sound like a great idea, but the reality is a very, very, very small percentage of people who are affiliate's make any significant money.

hcornwell
03-27-2017, 02:09 PM
As the previous member posted the one making most of the money is the product owner, the key is to try and brand your own product then you will be the guy on top. It can be done people come onto Shark Tank all time that have accomplished this.

JoeSpirit
03-28-2017, 07:00 AM
Hi all,

I would like to know how affiliate marketing realls helps in getting good backlinks or is it just the commission from third party websites.

In addition to what Bryan said when you send the traffic your site does get to an affiliate offer you're also giving your contacts/customers to the product owner. If those people aren't already on your list they still won't be when they click over to the offer. So you just helped build the product owner's list without doing a thing for your own.

Thing here is that Sara doesn't seem to be asking about how to do affiliate marketing. If I understand the OP correctly the question is how does affiliate marketing increase links back to your site and in effect help in driving traffic to the site.

While affiliate marketing can be used as a traffic generation technique (as I mentioned above where the product owner recruits affiliates and lets them build his list for him), the building of backlinks is not actually a part of affiliate marketing.

mountainmom5
03-29-2017, 05:49 AM
Hi all,

Affiliate marketing links are not good backlinks. I make mine no-follows as google tends to punish us for too many dofollow links. If you get a ton of traffic to your site already, then affiliate links are a great thing to ADD to your site with a nofollow link.

If you are not getting much traffic, then I guess you will want to get that going first. Pinterest works much better nowadays to get traffic that regular SEO tactics in my opinion, but Pajama Affiliates teaches us how to do both, so I do get both kinds of traffic.

Not sure if that is what you were asking but hope it helps! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1