WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Recommend good educational games?

SamanthaClarck
12-12-2016, 05:38 AM
My oldest son just got a ds, and his 5 year old brother is jealous. What games would be cool for the five year old? Are there any educational games that are good? Would mario kart or super mario be easier for a five year old? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Deva1
12-13-2016, 03:54 AM
I suggest to look at here http://www.kizigamesxl.com (http://www.kizigamesxl.com/) . There are many free puzzle and arithmetic games. Flash games make it easy for kids to improve their short-term memory and speed recognition skills. My son loves playing them.

mommy2onelittleboy
12-28-2016, 09:21 PM
I would recommend ABCYA, ABC Mouse and PBS Kids, just to name a few. I have a friend who homeschools and suggested games. I'll reach out to her and see what games she uses.

Rek1ak
01-13-2017, 02:22 AM
there are many educational board games

Kaye09
02-23-2017, 11:29 PM
You can try jigsaw puzzle. It was my son favorite game when he was 5.

GlossitupwithS
02-24-2017, 03:06 PM
Do you have a Lakeshore Learning near you? They have amazing games there for children of all learning concepts. I love taking my son there to pick one out. And their site always has coupons!!!

MomsMeltdown
03-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Math playground is good, or xtra math, or adapted mind :)

malcido
03-06-2017, 05:24 PM
I was in the same situation a few years ago. My boys are 5 years apart and the younger wanted to do all the same things that his brother was doing!

It's been too long for me to recommend actual titles, my boys are 15 and 20 now!!! But if you google 'ds educational games' you will get some good hits. The website commonsensemedia.com is a good resource for this type of thing also.

Last bit of advice... browse at a Gamestop store if you have one near you. The used educational games are usually pretty cheap and they will take them back within 7 days with receipt for any reason.

I said last... but one more thing---a lot of ds games are reading heavy and that can be a benefit (my son learned a lot of reading skills from the ds!), but it can also be a downside if you're hoping the ds time will be quiet time for you :)

There4u
04-15-2017, 09:25 AM
My kids used to play BrainPop Jr. It was actually recommended to my niece by a teacher when she was little.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1