WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Scentsy or scents to sell a home?

joyfulheart
12-10-2016, 10:15 AM
I do not sell scentsy (or any other thing like scentsy) but I do have a scentsy question.

I am going to put my home on the market (Dallas tx suburb) in February. It's a small home by dallas standards (2000 sq feet, one story, 4 bd 2 bath with VERY open floorplan-- entryway, kitchen,living, dining, formal living is all one big open space)

In Texas in February, it could be 80 degrees or it could be snowing. Texas is weird that way.

I have 3 teenage boys and 2 big lab dogs (90# dogs)-- I can get rid of them (and hide evidence of the dogs) for showings, but I KNOW my house smells like boy.

I read several articles that talks about orange scent sells homes (not specifically scentsy).

I bought a few scentsy citrus bars (camu camu, oodles of orange and sunkissed citrus) and they are nice, but I wonder if it's really the best choice?

For those that have experience selling homes or open houses-- what would you recommend as a scent for home showings?

I want the house to smell good, but not like I'm hiding something, or gagging people when they walk in the door. I want MEN and women to focus on the home not the smell, but I do want the smell to be good. (I hope that makes sense)

I do NOT like the smells of glade or grocery store plug ins, BBW plug ins, febreeze, or anything perfumey.

I want to sell my house FAST. :D

Also, I don't know if I do something in every room, or just the kitchen?
Boys rooms don't smell great. Same for their bathroom.
I can clean it well, but if you have teenage boys, you know my struggle.

Advice would be appreciated.
For some reason, this one detail is really stressing me out!

samsal77
12-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Maybe a "clean" scent? Scentsy has one called Breathe that smells nice and clean without being overpowering or perfumey. I don't sell scents, but I use it, and I always thought that one gave of a nice overall scent.

LisaMarieGreen
12-15-2016, 03:42 PM
The main thing is that you want people to be able to imagine themselves living there. That is accomplished by de-personalization, de-cluttering and deep cleaning. As far as smells, I'd bake some cookies and or use a Scentsy that smells like a laundry soap, a clean scent.

cybermommy
01-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Hi !
I would go for a vanilla , vanilla sandalwood type scent. Non obtrusive, non polarizing and inviting.
Its not overpowering yet its welcoming.

NYScents
01-28-2017, 10:35 AM
The main thing is that you want people to be able to imagine themselves living there. That is accomplished by de-personalization, de-cluttering and deep cleaning. As far as smells, I'd bake some cookies and or use a Scentsy that smells like a laundry soap, a clean scent.

Agree with the above post. As far as scents, I personally would use essential oils (available on the Scentsy website) with a diffuser. Lavender or Lemon Essential Oil are both good scents.

My personal favorite is Welcome Home for your warmer.

Good luck!

NYScents
01-28-2017, 10:38 AM
I do not sell scentsy (or any other thing like scentsy) but I do have a scentsy question.

I am going to put my home on the market (Dallas tx suburb) in February. It's a small home by dallas standards (2000 sq feet, one story, 4 bd 2 bath with VERY open floorplan-- entryway, kitchen,living, dining, formal living is all one big open space)

In Texas in February, it could be 80 degrees or it could be snowing. Texas is weird that way.

I have 3 teenage boys and 2 big lab dogs (90# dogs)-- I can get rid of them (and hide evidence of the dogs) for showings, but I KNOW my house smells like boy.

I read several articles that talks about orange scent sells homes (not specifically scentsy).

I bought a few scentsy citrus bars (camu camu, oodles of orange and sunkissed citrus) and they are nice, but I wonder if it's really the best choice?

For those that have experience selling homes or open houses-- what would you recommend as a scent for home showings?

I want the house to smell good, but not like I'm hiding something, or gagging people when they walk in the door. I want MEN and women to focus on the home not the smell, but I do want the smell to be good. (I hope that makes sense)

I do NOT like the smells of glade or grocery store plug ins, BBW plug ins, febreeze, or anything perfumey.

I want to sell my house FAST. :D

Also, I don't know if I do something in every room, or just the kitchen?
Boys rooms don't smell great. Same for their bathroom.
I can clean it well, but if you have teenage boys, you know my struggle.

Advice would be appreciated.
For some reason, this one detail is really stressing me out!

Glade or Grocery plug ins give us all a headache. Good luck:)

Carrie Gauthier
01-30-2017, 12:01 PM
Found an article that professionals suggest the following scents help to sell a home: Orange, Lemon., Pine, Basil, Cedar, Vanilla or Cinnamon. If you want you can also go with baking scents I'd stick to something like Cinnamon Bun or Apple pie.

LAscents
02-01-2017, 07:32 PM
My realtors use our cafe scents at their open houses. Baked Apple pie is a popular one.

One full sized warmer scents approx. 1,000 sq. ft. - depending on floor layout.

Scent circles and scent paks placed strategically in closets or stashed in plain view also help in other parts of the home.

Bernee
08-13-2018, 09:29 AM
If you want to sell your house without the upgrades try listing it on investor sites like FortHomeBuyers.com since they buy houses and give you good offer to it.

BRichards
08-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Try selling your house with a home buying company like Brandonbuysdallas.com and they might be able to help you.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1