WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Writing Website's Content

adeelghazanfar1
12-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Hi, I needs some informtion about writing content for a website. I wants to write the content in English. English is not my first language. But overall my English is pefect. But still I am worried about that maybe I will make few mistakes while writing content in English. That thought is making me a little bit hopeless. Please tell me about my issue. Thank you.

tonymac84
12-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Installing the 'Grammarly' plugin would be a step in the right direction. It basically detects spelling and grammatical errors as you type. Particularly helpful when entering copy straight into a CMS

JoeSpirit
12-23-2016, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't let the fact that English isn't your first language hold you back. Just write about what you believe in, and give value to your readers. Not only will they overlook any mistakes you make (as long as your ARE giving value, but they'll also perceive you as being human - which is important to your gaining their trust.

As you create your content over time your skill at writing in English will proportionately improve.

And, as an aid if you want, you can pick up a copy of "The Elements of Style" by William Strunk Jr. & E. B. White, or another reference of its type.

Good luck.

writepro
12-29-2016, 07:33 PM
About your English challenges...

I used to be an English/Linguistics professor, and I'll be happy to give you some pointers that will help your writing look dramatically better with just a little very specific attention if you like.

marklyons
01-05-2017, 10:12 AM
I think you are just lacking confidence. Your English language skills look just fine. Just take care to go over your write up twice before sending it in to the client so that there is no scope of error from your end. Have confidence, make mistakes, accept them and dont do them again. Life is a learning process.

DylanC
01-15-2017, 07:39 PM
Your content has more value. But if you're worried, you may want to hire someone to proofread your articles.

katelynsdad
01-16-2017, 08:58 PM
As we used to do in English class (lol, that was way decades ago!), get someone to review your content. Perhaps you have a friend that can read what you wrote and see if it makes sense. If something's questionable or confusing, that can come about with a peer review. Sometimes, something makes sense to you alone, but another person might not understand your message so it's a good idea to let someone read it too :)

daronch
02-18-2017, 02:55 AM
Hire writers or someone to proofread your articles. You can also ask your friends to help you. This should put you at ease.

theworkathomemom
02-19-2017, 05:27 AM
I absolutely agree with one of the other posters about Grammarly. It's an excellent tool that will catch most of your grammar mistakes! Hemingway is another good one that can catch some grammar issues, plus overall content issues, like sentences that are too long, difficult language to understand, etc.

And, just start writing. The more practice you get, the more it'll come naturally!

BryanB
02-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Practice makes perfect and after 40 years writing for a living, I am far from perfect.

Spelling and grammar are still a weak spot for me, but I prefer to focus on the content and the value I am be adding than whether I am perfect in the spelling and grammar part.

Remember ANYONE can produce a perfect article, but it takes a pro to create an article that adds some value to the reader.

Focus on what you write, not so much on how it looks.

Best of luck

Bryan

Work From Home Jobs
03-21-2017, 11:01 PM
As posters have mentioned there are plenty of places where you can outsource your content needs, also you could write the content yourself and paid a fluent speaker to proofread the content for you.

Plus 1 on Grammerally

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1