WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Pomacea
10-16-2016, 09:41 AM
I've been transcribing for transcription companies for a few years now. There's a certain niche I want to focus on going forward, which would mean finding my own clients. It would be transcription and typing services both. I've searched for info on how to get started, but all I'm finding are really basic articles that tell you how to find clients. Nothing beyond that. Let's say I get a potential client on the line who's never used a transcription service before. I would have to guide them. This is where I'm a bit lost.

Is there an online site where they can go and record? Would I just direct the clients to that site and they record away? Is it free for them? I'm guessing they would then just email the files to me and I'd load them to my transcription software. Or do I have to sign up with this recording site and do everything through them?

What about contracts? Do you send all your clients a legal contract? What details would you include on it? Pricing, turnaround time, non-disclosure? Just tell me if I'm on the right track :) Do you use actual legal forms for this, or just your own wording?

These are the parts I'm hung up on. Input or links to sites that answer these questions would be much appreciated.

Alba
10-16-2016, 01:44 PM
Pomacea,

Most people/organisations have their recordings ready to send. Email is usually not an option, partly because it may be too insecure a pathway for a particular audio and partly because audio files can be huge. That means using FTP.

Then again, if you are thinking of competing with the likes of Rev and TranscribeMe, things may be different.

Pomacea
10-17-2016, 05:10 AM
Pomacea,

Then again, if you are thinking of competing with the likes of Rev and TranscribeMe, things may be different.

I never mentioned Rev or TranscribeMe, but again you found a way to bring them up. It seems you only reply to threads when you can denigrate these two companies and the people who work for them. Your vendetta has reached obnoxious proportions.

Barbara Graham
10-19-2016, 01:17 PM
Pomacea, have I missed something somewhere? I looked through your posts and didn't see anywhere else Alba had said anything at all to you. Did I miss it, or are you using different usernames in different places for some reason? It's possible I missed it.

Pomacea
10-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Pomacea, have I missed something somewhere? I looked through your posts and didn't see anywhere else Alba had said anything at all to you. Did I miss it, or are you using different usernames in different places for some reason? It's possible I missed it.

Mmm, not taking the bait. Nice try though ;) :p

Barbara Graham
10-20-2016, 10:47 AM
It was actually a serious question. I suspect that you don't have a serious answer, but I'm 69 years old and it's seriously totally possible I missed a post. I wanted to be sure.

Pomacea
10-20-2016, 11:17 AM
I don't answer to TE admins here.