WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Transcriptioin troubles

4persistence
09-15-2016, 01:22 PM
I've recently joined speechpad and have seemed to be caught up in a catch 22. I hope that someone can help me. Here is my situation. I've taken and passed the basic and confidentiality qualifications and I now hold a rating of 92. Here is the problem. The minimum transcriber rating is 93, so technically I'm still not qualified to do any job to bring this rating up. Please help.

NNN9495
09-16-2016, 06:16 AM
I've recently joined speechpad and have seemed to be caught up in a catch 22. I hope that someone can help me. Here is my situation. I've taken and passed the basic and confidentiality qualifications and I now hold a rating of 92. Here is the problem. The minimum transcriber rating is 93, so technically I'm still not qualified to do any job to bring this rating up. Please help.
You need to be absolutely meticulous in your grammar, punctuation and spelling with any transcription company you're testing for. Your WAHM heading has a spelling error; there are so many applicants for these positions that I'm sure they will discount you as soon as they see your work has even one mistake in it.

4persistence
09-16-2016, 02:13 PM
Sorry that I've misspelled the word transcription. Can anyone offer any advice for my situation as stated in my original post?

NNN9495
09-18-2016, 09:56 AM
You need to check your spelling before you post... it's "a-p-o-l-o-g-y."

Your solution may be to find work in another field - sorry if this sounds callous.

4persistence
09-19-2016, 06:07 PM
Yes it is callous.