WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Workout Accountability

MrsMav2011
09-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Anyone want to be cyber workout buddies? I could really use an accountability partner. We could share workouts, dieting, or general weight loss tips. I'm trying to get my body back- with two kids under 4 that's not an easy task.

TniRecruiter
09-14-2016, 05:20 AM
No, it is not easy. I have had 4 kiddos and it took until my youngest was 8 before I decided to change for the better. I will be coming up on living better for about 18 months. It has been a long road and not easy but making better habits and slowly getting rid of the old ones has made things easier as time goes on.

MyFitnessPal is a good place to start! There are also "accountability" groups there where you can add friends and they can cheer you on as you log your exercize and food/calorie counts. Otherwise we can all cheer you on here. Who else is in?

Fossy
09-15-2016, 08:07 AM
I had no idea about these online "accountability" groups. What a great idea. I think that is definitely my biggest problem, that I don't have anyone except myself pushing me to go to the gym.

TniRecruiter
09-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Oh my goodness they have been a big help! Any time I feel discouraged, I go and read the messages.

MrsMav2011
09-20-2016, 05:59 PM
No, it is not easy. I have had 4 kiddos and it took until my youngest was 8 before I decided to change for the better. I will be coming up on living better for about 18 months. It has been a long road and not easy but making better habits and slowly getting rid of the old ones has made things easier as time goes on.

MyFitnessPal is a good place to start! There are also "accountability" groups there where you can add friends and they can cheer you on as you log your exercize and food/calorie counts. Otherwise we can all cheer you on here. Who else is in?

I tried MyFitnessPal a long time ago- Might need to check it out again, Thanks ;)

I never realized how hard it is to recover after a baby :p My mom doesn't exercise or diet and she's so skinny- makes me jealous.

TniRecruiter
09-21-2016, 05:06 AM
I agree. Recovering from a baby is not the easiest. Walking daily with the baby helps a lot. I used to even go to the mall and just walk around on rainy days, etc.

malea
09-21-2016, 06:31 PM
walking is a great way to get back into working out .

MrsMav2011
09-22-2016, 05:56 AM
Walking is very relaxing :) I started with taking the two kiddos on walks but now I'm ready for a challenge. I've started a mix of wight lifting and cardio, but finding time between blogging (traditionalmommodernworld.blogspot.com) and housework is crazy.

TniRecruiter
09-23-2016, 10:32 AM
I struggled with the same thing. What I have done is made a "workout" part of my morning routine. After a while, any day that I skipped, I felt blah for the rest of the day. It is just enough motivation for me to make sure I do something, even if it is 10 minutes every morning. It is not as ingrained into my mornings as that vital first cup of coffee!

MrsMav2011
09-23-2016, 03:43 PM
I feel bleh when I don't work out too. Getting up before the kids is almost impossible ;) Lately I've been including them in my workout routine. Good thing they aren't really heavy yet! HAHA

ther
10-11-2016, 12:39 PM
And running. A little or a little more but regulary. I think this is amazing helpful.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1