WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : better paying jobs

andrewsmom
09-08-2016, 12:36 PM
I just got a couple of jobs that pay 60 cents a minute. Although I'm glad to have work, it would be nice to get something that pays at least $1 a minute. Anyone know of any companies hiring that pay at least that or better?

coastaltranscription
09-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Hi there! I find it is very hard to find someone to pay what we are worth, which I believe to be at least $1.00 per audio minute if someone is accurate, dependable and professional. Depending on which platform you pick up the work, 60 cents isn't too bad, if you get that net. I am a member of Upwork and their new policy is any new client work, they take 20% right off the top which makes it really hard to make any decent wage on there.

Are you searching for transcription jobs on any other sites other than this?

Nicole Long

andrewsmom
09-28-2016, 07:38 AM
Sometimes I do Google search. I've tried Transcription Haven. Do you know of any others? $1 an hour would be good.

Cyndi318
12-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Sometimes I do Google search. I've tried Transcription Haven. Do you know of any others? $1 an hour would be good.

After reading this, I'd like to share some friendly advice. Don't assume you'll find all available leads posted publicly on the forums you frequent. Build your online presence, in a positive way, as a transcription professional. I'm approached by various companies regularly for recommendations or referrals, and -- no disrespect intended to WAHM -- I always look first within the TH membership for individuals who are, or apear to be, qualified. I approach members privately if I know they have the experience necessary, they've expressed a desire for a new/additional contract, and occasionally just because they've presented themselves in a way that leads me to believe they would be successful in the contract. Ultimately, I end up publicly posting maybe 10% of the requests I receive, and that's only after I've read the participants on the board and not found what I'm looking for.

So participate! Be an active member of the transcription community. It's the best way for you to get to know other professionals and let them get to know you. There is no safe or smart leap from the bottom rung to the top of the ladder, so be steady and keep climbing. :D