WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Selling On An Auction Site

delipie
09-05-2016, 07:38 PM
What items work best for you to sell? What advice would you give to someone just starting out selling on an auction site?

ThinkBig22
09-06-2016, 11:56 AM
This is kind of a vague question, but start with things you have laying around the house that you no longer need or use.

danasurvey
09-06-2016, 12:05 PM
I agree. Start with things you already have and no longer need.

crisstar
09-26-2016, 05:07 PM
After you've gotten your "feet" wet by selling things around your house, find out what sells well on auction sites.

You can do a bit of research and see what are the top businesses and/or the top categories. Depending on what auction site you're on, it may vary what sells well on there.

tonymac84
12-23-2016, 08:51 AM
Look out for free items that come with magazines or complimentary gifts for signing up for a free trial/service. These can often be worth more than the cost/subscription and make you a tidy profit.

Carrie Gauthier
01-16-2017, 09:01 PM
I started selling via a local facebook 24 hour bidding site. Check to see if there is a facebook page in your area that does these types of auctions. I just sell things that I no longer want around the house. From dishes, to candle holders, to furniture and pet supplies. I have sold things that I couldn't get .50 cents for at my garage sales but I made any where from $2-$10 on the same item via the auction site. You have to put the minimum you are willing to sell it for so if only one bidder then that's all you get. The first month, I sold over $500 worth of items and only listed 30 items and sold about half. Now I post every 6 weeks just so I have extra spending money. Sometimes an item won't sell one week but 6 weeks later it will sell. I was given a "relaxing water fountain" and I posted it for $2. I got $48 for it. Who knew that it was such a popular item, lol. I don't want to deal with Ebay and all it's fees. These local 24 hour auction sites are free to post. There are rules but they are easy enough to follow. Just thought I'd add this idea for anyone who is looking to declutter and doesn't want to hold a garage sale. :)

JoeSpirit
01-17-2017, 06:44 AM
Check if there's a "Hot Sellers" category for the auction site you're on. Or look for a listing of popular items.

That would be a good place to start.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1