WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Laur-25
08-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Hello! I am newer to the WAHM mom site but joined here a while ago bc I am pg (now 7.5mo) and my hope was to eventually become a WAHM bc I want to to avoid daycare while my lil girl is a young infant. It took us a long time to get pg and required ivf and although it was a bumpy journey we feel so blessed right now. I currently work for a local school system as a school para. Money was not the best but it had decent insurance. I was also lucky to have this summer off as I entered the 3ird tri bc many of our schools are not AC. I did plan on going back to start the school yr and go as long as I can (due 10-6-16) while using this summer to look into WFH options. I am looking into WFH options but....

I got laid off today from my school job. I knew this was a possibility and I am sad but atthe same time I likely would not be ready to use daycare right away so maybe if it HAD to happen this is a good time, though financially it will make things harder. My lay off is effective 8/31 so I will probably have to wait til then to start collecting but I still have 3 more weeks of my summer salary. Knowing this was a possibility, I redid my resume yesterday. I kept it very simple but I put I was seeking a "pt data entry or customer service position". I put PT bc I am honest and in the coming months w a newborn that is all I will likely be able to do.

Does anyone know if it is okay to put that you are seeking a telecommute position, or is that a turn off for employers? I read differing views and I am confused. And should I emphasize PT or not mention that at all? I am def open to full time when my baby is a bit older and I have more experience but for now my availability is PT. And does anyone know of any job sites exclusively for telecommute/WFH jobs? I uploaded my resume to indeed a few months ago and it seems I get 90% NON telecommute offers and very few telecommute ones.

Sorry for the long post but know I appreciate any and all advice. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.

Kind Wishes,
Lauren

danasurvey
08-06-2016, 06:14 PM
I replied to your other thread about this:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/business-advice-topics-32/764833-trying-break-into-wfh-jobs-then.html