WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Another one gone :(

funmomma
07-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Shocked - I heard a rumor this today that ViVI jewelry (formerly Cookie Lee) was now out of business. I'm reading online that they've filed Chpt. 7. From some general comments, it looks like the reps might not get their $$. Praying that they CAN get their money owed. I don't know how these companies can just not pay their reps their earned commissions though the company closure I went through, saw it happen the same way. Heartbreaking to see it happen. Always better when the company is able to give the reps time to wrap things up like Silpada is doing.

I used to have friends who sold for CL years ago. I know they switched owners & names but still, another long standing company closing. It's really so very sad! :(

Amanda

PinkPea
07-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Yikes - I hope this is not becoming a trend with direct sales companies. What do you think ... is this becoming a trend in your area ? If so, what do you think the cause is ... people tired of being asked to attend home parties ... or other reasons ? Please share your thoughts.

Pink Pea

funmomma
07-11-2016, 08:13 PM
I seriously don't know! Silpada is based in my area and I think price was a factor in this particular area. My Sister was a rep for a while when she lived in Florida so she could write off a trip back home around convention each summer. ;) She was rocking her business in southern FL. They moved back home and couldn't get parties.

I still have women want to host either live or online with me so I know there are ladies who still like this way of hanging out & buying but I rarely get asked to attend live, in-home parties. Then again, my friend group has never been a "partying" group. So that's not new. :)

I think we all just have to work to find those who want what we have to offer. My oldest son is considering going into wood working as a career. I told him the market for quality, hand made wood pieces might be smaller (as so many just want the cheap deals) but the trick will be finding those who value what he's be able to create for them and building a following. I also think we need more women who are in DS to work their businesses like a business. I keep hearing reps from companies that close saying that they were told if they just had more "active working reps" they would have still been in business.

Just my ramblings. Not sure what the real deal is. Praying we don't hear about any more closings for some time!! ♥
Amanda

danasurvey
07-11-2016, 08:47 PM
I am sorry to hear about this. It's always sad when a company closes down, and its workers should still be paid.

KNicholls
07-13-2016, 10:46 AM
It's truly sad indeed. Many times when companies close like this, back commissions aren't paid. I went through that a few months ago with my company, however, the new company that picked us up is actually making good on that, which is IMO unheard of and pretty amazing. I feel for those reps.

I think there are so many factors involved. It's true that some people just don't want to do home parties anymore, but there are still lots who do. I think we have to change how we market because the world is changing so fast. I'm not sure most direct sales really keep up with that and get their reps the training they need for it.

It seems to be pretty rampant with jewelry companies these days. I almost wonder if it doesn't just run its course. We joke about women can't have too much jewelry, but maybe they can. Just not sure. I'm glad that our new company still carries all of our jewelry AND has many consumable products to offer, which makes it so much better for both me and my customers.

cabimom
07-13-2016, 11:25 AM
South Hill Designs was bought out? I had not heard that.

Stacey Blackstock Harris
07-15-2016, 11:46 AM
Very sad to hear of another company closing!

accents4you2
07-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Yes, I had heard that as many have been searching for new companies to call home. I didn't know they might not get paid. That's terrible.

I hope it's not a trend. Women are still shopping that's for sure. I've heard of many women who are so "addicted" to Prime. I actually haven't shopped Prime, but apparently they have tons of deals on a variety of items. The Home Party Plan is definitely changing. Building up loyalty is also difficult because as women are on line, they are bombarded with products left and right and there's a lot of impulse shopping....and again a lot of great deals.

I know we can't rely on just one way to get sales. We have to be super creative, willing to work hard, and continue to try and build relationships with our customers and provide excellent customer service, which they don't usually find on-line. I really do believe if they see, touch, and try our products they will buy. It's getting women together for that purpose which seems to be increasingly difficult.

I wish all the ViVi reps the best and hope they will get paid and find a new home.

MissLisa
08-02-2016, 11:41 AM
I've been with a few different jewelry party plan companies in the past. In recent years, people have definitely been more budget conscious. The cost of living has risen and and wages have stagnated and jobs eliminated. There are many bargains to be found online, which has become a preferred market for many. Busy working ladies and moms aren't as willing to book parties...Mine that did, struggled to find attendees.

apollodia
08-08-2016, 10:03 AM
What a shame :(

Lori786
08-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Very sad to hear this. It's never a happy situation when workers are left in the lurch. Hope they get their dues and find better opportunities!!

KNicholls
08-14-2016, 06:12 AM
Sorry, just saw this. South Hill Designs became a part of Youngevity in late January. It's actually been a good thing because we now have so much more to offer customers. Many times people try to do more than one company to cover all of their or customers interest. Now there's no need because there literally is something for everyone. My customers are loving the variety and the ability to get several things in one place. Kind of the Amazon for direct sales!

sue311
08-31-2016, 09:59 AM
I was actually a rep for CL but did not sign up with the present company...did not like the jewelry. There was just something special about Cookie Lee jewelry. ViVi looked liked jewelry I could get in the mall, etc. I have since moved on to Premier Designs, so I am looking for a rep. This will be my 3rd rep. People seem to be leaving the jewelry business.

Crissy
09-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Having gone through this with Lia Sophia, my heart just breaks for everyone. I seems like the fashion jewelry industry has really taken a hit. I jumped around a bit after LS closed and I am now with 2 companies. I love the Stella and Dot family brands and Keep Collective has really taken off for me. I think people really LOVE the personalization.

I also kind of fell accidentally into Plexus. We are a health a wellness company. I Never intended to sell it. I only joined for the discount. But after just a few months, I quickly realized how lucrative the health and weight loss industry was.

So now I get to help people feel good on the inside and out!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1