WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Rev Hiring Transcribers

sheryl318
07-06-2016, 10:34 AM
I saw this over at indeed.com:

Rev.com 3.25 reviews - United States
$390 a week
Earn flexible income transcribing audio with Rev. You'll get to listen to a wide variety of content (interviews, podcasts, and university lectures) and will be paid to write down what you hear using Rev's proprietary transcribing software. Rev provides all necessary training.You'll love working for Rev!

Earn $0.40-$0.65 per audio minute: Average monthly earnings: $241, top monthly earning: $1,495. Paid weekly.
Work from home or wherever you want: everything is done online.
Work flexible hours: work as much or as little as you want, whenever you want.
Choose your projects: Rev has a wide variety of content to be transcribed.
Receive great support: Just email us and our fantastic support team will reply promptly.
Get started easily: All you need is a computer, headset, broadband internet, and strong English skills.

Pomacea
07-06-2016, 08:16 PM
I currently work for Rev. There's been little to no work in the queue for weeks, and they're advertising for more transcribers? I see the rates have dropped as well. Hmm.

Is this a recent posting at Indeed.com? I searched and couldn't find it. If so, I think existing Rev workers would be interested to know that while they are waiting for work to pick up, Rev is advertising for more transcribers at an even lower pay rate.

PeterF
07-07-2016, 11:34 AM
I currently work for Rev. There's been little to no work in the queue for weeks, and they're advertising for more transcribers? I see the rates have dropped as well. Hmm.

Is this a recent posting at Indeed.com? I searched and couldn't find it. If so, I think existing Rev workers would be interested to know that while they are waiting for work to pick up, Rev is advertising for more transcribers at an even lower pay rate.

That's unfortunate to hear, I've been thinking of signing up with Rev for when there are lulls with my regular clients. As for the rates being lower, those are the rates that have been listed on their site for the last few months at least.

Pomacea
07-07-2016, 02:33 PM
That's what I use Rev for also, Peter. I do have another contract that pays better. Rev is nice for when I want some variety, even if they don't pay as well. I don't remember ever seeing a job that paid .40 though, even for rookie status. There has been a lot of discord there lately with lack of work and lower pay. Makes me wonder if they are overhiring because they know the newer people will snatch up those lower paying jobs; therefore, Rev gets cheaper labor. TranscribeMe did the same thing.

PepKitty
07-09-2016, 08:14 AM
It must be recent, because just last week I received an email from them informing me that they were currently looking to add transcribers to their team. I don't have the extra time right now, or I may have tried to test. How unfortunate that they don't have a full workload for their current contractors, but they are advertising for new ones. That just doesn't make sense.

Alba
07-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Makes me wonder if they are overhiring because they know the newer people will snatch up those lower paying jobs; therefore, Rev gets cheaper labor. TranscribeMe did the same thing.

Of course they are. Why pay you (the general you) a decent rate when they can get people to work for pennies or, more accurately, fewer pennies than used to be the case?