WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Pam in Texas
06-17-2016, 10:33 AM
I posted a few days ago problems with Express Scribe and got no responses.

Now I am trying to find another transcription software that will work well. I

I have been looking at FTW Transcriber.

Has anyone used this one and if so, what did you think? If you know of ano ther good software for transcription, please let me know as soon as you can. I have 3 interviews waiting for me to do them.

Thanks.

macdknife
06-19-2016, 05:06 AM
What issues are you having with escribe/? I've been using it for like forever without a glitch. Are you using the Pro-version of Scribe? What Windows Version are you using? I'll try to help you out provided you describe in detail what exactly happens when you installed ES and tried to run it.

Regards:)

jmking24
06-22-2016, 09:20 AM
I use both but I prefer FTW because it automatically inserts time stamps at whatever intervals you want.

Janice

sstabler
06-24-2016, 08:51 PM
I've used it for about 2 years. I like it better than Express Scribe, but it can be a little wonky at times, throwing weird error messages and such. And I had some trouble with it when I switched to Windows 10. But I've always received prompt responses to support messages. And it works fine now. The best feature is the ability to automatically insert timestamps at the start of a paragraph.

However, I also found TranscriptBooster during the time I was having trouble with FTW, and I like it as well. I might switch to that, but it's got a lot more kinks than FTW does. The auto-insert features weren't the greatest, for instance. The developer is constantly working on it, though, and will communicate back and forth with you about bugs and features, updating the program as you go. I think there's a 30-day trial. It's got a lot of potential, with features that I haven't seen in other transcription programs. But what I like best is that it's project-based. You have to have the audio and the document in the same folder for it to work. It got me organized, and I started emulating that organizational structure when I switched back to FTW. I hope this guy can work the kinks out, because again, it's a program with a lot of potential.

sstabler
06-24-2016, 08:52 PM
It's here, if you want to try it out: Transcript Booster transcription software / audio typing software (http://transcriptbooster.philsgadgetbox.uk/)