WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Pam in Texas
06-15-2016, 02:10 PM
I have had Express Scribe Pro version since November 2015, an Infinity foot pedal and Siberia Steel Series headphones. All of a sudden yesterday, the sound stopped coming through when I tried to use the headphones. Tested headphone separately on a utube video and they work fine, so trouble is not with headphones.

Today I uninstalled and reinstalled Express Scribe Pro. For about a minute I could hear sound without headphones and then it quit again.

Has anyone else had these problems using Express Scribe? I see a lot of people use it, but have you had a problem like this and if you fixed it, how did you do it?

Are there other transcription software that are more reliable that any of you know of? I have more transcription interviews to do (freelance) soon and need to figure out what to do.

Thanks for help.

Pam in Texas

pawp11
06-19-2016, 08:59 AM
Have you contacted Express Scribe? They might have a solution for you.

stenoblu
06-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear you're having sound problems! How are the headphones connected to your computer? Is it with a USB or like a regular headphone jack? (like the earbuds that connect to your phone, iPod, etc.)

If it's connected by a USB, maybe the headphones need a driver update?? Like did you have to "install" your headphones so your PC/laptop recognizes it, or again, is it just like regular headphones/earbuds?

Have you tried plugging in regular earbuds to see if you can hear Express Scribe through them?

I only use regular $5.00 earbuds with Express Scribe, and I usually don't have any problems or issues with sound.

Lori786
06-22-2016, 04:41 AM
You could look at FTR Player. Google it, you should find the link to their page.

sstabler
06-24-2016, 09:00 PM
Are you sure it's not a Windows problem? Have you upgraded to 10? It's got a fairly notorious problem with headphones that requires some settings adjustments. Google around, you should find it.