WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

MixPartyMom
06-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Which do you like better?

msuggitt
06-10-2016, 05:46 PM
I don't know about the Silhouette - I just bought a Cricut for signs I'm making - still learning but was able to start making signs right out of the box. The only thing is that the online software we have to use is extremely slow and limited.

the website also has a ton of add-ons for people to purchase - memberships - fonts - workable objects/pictures so many people spend a lot more money once they get the machine.

But for my specific use, the Cricut works well for me and the accessories are sold at my local Joann Fabric Store. Once I got going I realized I needed a different blade and longer cutting mat (which i bought at Joann's) to really get the look I was looking for.

It really saves me a lot of time and I am plugging away on my signs - there are a ton of other uses / possibilities I can see with this machine.

*Bama*
06-10-2016, 06:25 PM
I have a silhouette and love it! I use it for so much stuff around the house, gifts and school projects. When I first started looking I wanted a cricut but at the time you had buy cartridges and I did not want to be limited in what I could do. Silhouette is easy to use things from online, and tons of designs to purchase as well but they are as low as .99 cents, and often on sale from the sil store. I don't know about the newer cricuit items but I am happy with my cameo.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1