WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

momforhomework
04-22-2016, 10:47 PM
Hi.
I am unable to find general transcription companies
Or firms seeking general transcription vendors.
Can anyone please help me?
Regards.

Tyjal
04-23-2016, 06:30 AM
The links below have some companies listed:

Work From Home Transcription Companies (http://realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com/money-earning-directory/transcription)

Transcription ? Non-Medical ? Real Work From Home Jobs by Rat Race Rebellion (http://ratracerebellion.com/jobs-directory-jobs-by-category/transcription-non-medical/)

momforhomework
04-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Thanks again.
Appreciate it.
Regards

easywork7
05-04-2016, 06:03 AM
There are some good companies out there. Good luck.

momforhomework
05-09-2016, 04:51 AM
There are some good companies out there. Good luck.
I know, but their names?

Lisakd
05-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Google. That's how you find out the names. Worked for me anyway. Good luck!

momforhomework
05-10-2016, 03:00 AM

Not a helpful answer at all.
Quite obviously, you should have considered that I must have Googled and so my query.
Google gives many results – how do I know which companies are genuine?
That is the reason for this forum right?
So that people can help each other?
If everything could be found on Google, why would people join forums like this?
As I said, not a helpful answer from you.
Rude, infact!

jinnycsc
05-10-2016, 07:06 AM
The links below have some companies listed:

Work From Home Transcription Companies (http://realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com/money-earning-directory/transcription)

Transcription ? Non-Medical ? Real Work From Home Jobs by Rat Race Rebellion (http://ratracerebellion.com/jobs-directory-jobs-by-category/transcription-non-medical/)

Quite obviously, you should have considered that I must have Googled and so my query.
Rude, infact!

Lisakd was not at all rude. Besides, Tyjal gave you two lists to look at in response to your original post. Did you peruse those? They really are helpful.

momforhomework
05-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Lisakd was not at all rude. Besides, Tyjal gave you two lists to look at in response to your original post. Did you peruse those? They really are helpful.

How was jinnycsc not rude?
A forum is meant for help.
I joined here, to seek help.
Not to ask for help and then be told to Google it.
How rude!

Lisakd
05-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Rude, infact!

Actually it was very helpful and NOT rude. It worked for me and still does to this day when I want to find a new contract. I look up companies, I research them, and I decide if I want to apply.

When you don't have a job, and you want one, finding a job IS your job.

Should I do all that research and work FOR YOU? WHY would I do that? I have to WORK to support my family and my children. I don't have hours to spend doing YOUR job search FOR YOU. There were people on this forum that put together a list of transcription companies. Start there as I know you've already been directed to do.

How do you know which companies are genuine? GOOGLE SOME and then come in here and ask about a particular company and we'll all be happy to give you any feedback about that particular company but don't act like someone else should do all the research for you and then present you with the results. I gave you the best advice that I had based on my own personal experience and what worked for me. I don't appreciate being told I'm rude for my time and trouble.

Pomacea
05-10-2016, 11:17 AM
These transcription forums provide invaluable resources on where to look for work. There's a nice list at the top of this forum, and you can find other companies by Googling (as Lisakd said.) It's up to you as the job seeker to do your own research and determine if that job is the right fit. Information about job requirements and testing is usually provided on their website, and you can always email them if you have specific questions. Once you land a transcription gig, you will be expected to follow instructions and use Google to research names and unfamiliar terms all the time. It goes with the job.

Barbara Graham
05-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Actually it was very helpful and NOT rude. It worked for me and still does to this day when I want to find a new contract. I look up companies, I research them, and I decide if I want to apply.

Should I do all that research and work FOR YOU? WHY would I do that? I have to WORK to support my family and my children. I don't have hours to spend doing YOUR job search FOR YOU. There were people on this forum that put together a list of transcription companies. Start there as I know you've already been directed to do.

How do you know which companies are genuine? GOOGLE SOME and then come in here and ask about a particular company and we'll all be happy to give you any feedback about that particular company but don't act like someone else should do all the research for you and then present you with the results. I gave you the best advice that I had based on my own personal experience and what worked for me. I don't appreciate being told I'm rude for my time and trouble.

Completely agree. Spoon-feeding only feeds babies, it doesn't teach them how to feed themselves. That's simply an actual statement of fact, not a judgment of anyone and most definitely not calling anyone a baby. The advice above is the very best advice.

mully
05-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Yup..ditto with the whole Googling thing - it is one of the most valuable skills a transcriptionist can have. Plus if you find out things yourself instead of someone telling you exactly.how.to.do.it then it is retained a heck of a lot longer.

No one telling someone to use Google is being rude - though that does seem to be a pattern here from as long back as I can remember, even some six/seven years ago. As far as genuine companies - there have been some I've seen that start out as genuine then something goes topsy-turvy and you want to run as fast as you can away from them. There is no guarantee but the lists that people have pointed you to is a darn good place to start. And then yes, as stated by Lisakd, if you have a question about one of them, by all means ask. There might still be some people on this forum that has worked with many of those companies before moving onto another one.

Frankly, if someone telling someone to Google something sets you - general you - into a tizzy then maybe transcription is not for you. You need a pretty tough skin in some cases and be able to be told you're doing something wrong for contract A, when it's perfectly fine for contract B.

momforhomework
05-10-2016, 12:27 PM

You took time and trouble to tell me to search on Google?
LOL LOL!!!!

You don't appreciate???

LOl LOl!!!!

You don't think you're rude?

Lol lol!!!

jinnycsc
05-10-2016, 12:54 PM
You took time and trouble to tell me to search on Google?
LOL LOL!!!!

You don't appreciate???

LOl LOl!!!!

You don't think you're rude?

Lol lol!!!
I guess you're not serious about a transcription career, then. Look, you've been given great advice from industry veterans. I can guarantee you that we've all put in dozens and possibly hundreds of hours researching everything we could get our hands on about the industry as a whole and companies that hire transcriptionists. Making it in this industry takes a lot of research.

Barbara Graham
05-10-2016, 01:13 PM
momforhomework aka ... well, we won't go there. I will tell you right now that you will not succeed in transcription. Your wanting to be given information you need to find yourself, your wanting to put as little time in as possible, and most of all your incredibly poor attitude all make that clear.

I'll tell you who to try that fits in with what you want: Rev, TranscribeMe, mTurk. Try those three. If you get rejected by them, then there are many other reasons that you will not succeed in transcription.

Try something else.

Lisakd
05-10-2016, 01:32 PM
A Google search to compile a list of companies to apply to is the EASIEST part of landing a transcription contract. If that is too challenging for you then I would suggest you try the companies that Barbara listed.

sstabler
06-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Wow, I haven't been back here in at least five years, and I can't believe this bull**** is still going on. Don't sweat it Momforhomework. These *****es get off on putting people down. Best to ignore.

aadesh86
06-25-2016, 04:49 AM

Alba
06-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Wow, I haven't been back here in at least five years, and I can't believe this bull**** is still going on. Don't sweat it Momforhomework. These *****es get off on putting people down. Best to ignore.

Interesting contribution to a serious discussion, sstabler.

jinnycsc
06-27-2016, 11:48 AM

You don't know me, I don't know you. But as Alba said, way to contribute zilch to a serious conversation.

sstabler
06-28-2016, 10:54 AM
That's OK, I've got plenty to contribute elsewhere. I'll leave you "ladies" to your <snort> "serious discussion."

carabrewer
08-04-2016, 01:53 AM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Jamillah81
08-04-2016, 01:54 PM
That's OK, I've got plenty to contribute elsewhere. I'll leave you "ladies" to your <snort> "serious discussion."

I concur. I was wondering why it seemed so dead here since the last time I visited. It's because it's a "different" kind of community than some of the others I contribute to.

FYI, OP, iSoftstone and Seven Levels Entertainment offer some transcription jobs from time to time. They may not be the best, or up to the elite standards of the members of this discussion, but they are legit. SLE pays 60 days post, however. They usually have projects every 10 days, so once you start getting pay, you should continue to get paid ~every 10 days.

Good luck out there!

Mel123
10-18-2016, 05:25 AM
What I don't understand is how dead the Quicktate section is now on this forum (even though they have little to no work)....which is another sad thing I don't understand. I've been away from here and Quicktate for a while, and I see only one actual Quicktate thread, and then 2 underneath that are obvious ads. Back in the day, this forum would never allow random advertising threads in a section where they didn't apply.

*And as for the the little "tiffs" that are going on here....well, I do kinda remember those, even from wayyyyyy back. :rolleyes::D It's the frustration, gals. We all know that. Finding wah jobs is HARD!!!! :(

While I'm here, anybody doing easy, quick transcription like Quicktate? It is DEAD over there and I just get impossible-to-hear snippets from time to time, oh, and about 5 minutes ago heard such a nasty, dirty, naughty one that I didn't even feel comfortable typing it out. So I didn't. :eek:

Anything similar to Quicktate? (And yes, I've already done a Google search.) hahahahaha

Thanks!

Mohe37
12-20-2016, 08:55 PM
I've been doing transcribing for Seven Levels Entertainment for about 8 months. I had never done any transcribing before, plus there is a learning curve while you're learning their particular punctuation and formatting rules. So it was slow and frustrating at first, made worse because I had a very slow Internet service (Hughes satellite). I was on the verge of quitting because the slow internet speed prevented me from making more than $5/hr. I was on the verge of quitting when a new internet provider became available, with much faster speeds.
It doesn't pay great, and some projects are more difficult to do than others, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. I'm able to keep enough cash flow coming in to keep the bills paid.
The two guys that I get emailed instructions from are exceedingly polite and go to extra lengths to explain everything clearly, and they're always happy to answer questions.
Payments come via PayPal.

And yeah, telling someone to Google It in a discussion forum is missing the point of a discussion forum.

macdknife
12-21-2016, 11:17 PM
I would agree with you on that. I have successfully found good clients online, using forums such as this, it's take a bit of "digging around" and giving it a shot. Once you get a reply, and a shot at a online test, the rest is a non-issue as long as it's a fair test and not someone screeching on a Skype call from Mars [lol] :)

"momforhomework" I've been reading your posts, and know you're going through a bit of a lean patch out there. Being India based makes it difficult to get clients in the US/UK, you need the breakthrough, for which you first need to get experience with a smaller outfit in the US which hires internationally. You could check this link, was looking for a specific company and stumbled upon it.

https://www.moneymakingmommy.com/?s=TRANSCRIBER

I have no time to dig out any more stuff, as busy with 60 minutes myself!!!! Keeping trolling around, you'll find something.

Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, lawsuits and frauds. File a report, post your review. Consumers educating consumers. (http://www.ripoffreport.com/) . A good place to get info on companies.

Good luck & have a good 2017!!!

samuelwilson1612
12-26-2016, 06:05 AM
Hello there! It seems that you are looking for general transcription companies. Just google it. I hope you will get a whole lot of good companies. Best of luck!

samuelwilson1612
12-29-2016, 01:36 AM
Got the sites that you were looking for?