WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : 1-888-type-it-up

shaestes
04-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Hello! I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with 1888typeitup. How long did it take for them to contact you once you took the test. Is there a way to check application status? If you work/worked for them, what was your experience? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sharon :)

momforhomework
04-20-2016, 08:41 PM
Hi Sharon .
I am from India.
What is 1888typeitup?
Regards.

shaestes
04-20-2016, 08:57 PM
Hi! 1888typeitup is a transcription company that seems like it pays pretty well. Unfortunately, they do not hire outside the U.S.
Best,
Sharon

momforhomework
04-21-2016, 04:34 AM
Thanks Sharon.
Regards.

hdy
07-11-2016, 09:05 PM
I am curious if anyone knows what the response time is to an application with 1-888-type-it-up? I applied there a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. Will I receive a rejection letter if I didn't pass the test? They state very clearly that you are not to call regarding an application status, so I am wondering if anyone has any insight? Thanks!!

BrieSkyStar
08-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Hi - I just applied to 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP and took their test, too, and am wondering the same exact thing? The current transcription job I'm doing has lowered our pay, so there's been a mass exodus of people looking elsewhere. I'm desperately waiting on other job apps and everyone is taking forever to get back to me.

I know you posted this back in April, but wanted to ask you what happened w/your job app?

Thanks,

Brie

:D:rolleyes::)

luv4oneanother
08-20-2016, 07:13 PM
did anyone ever hear from this company?

CherylC
08-16-2017, 07:21 PM
I know this is an old post, but I just submitted my test samples to 888-type-it-up yesterday, and wondered what the standard response time was. I found this forum when I went searching, and noticed that no one followed up on this post. Having paid $10 application fee, I'm really hoping they take my application seriously and that this wasn't all a scam! Has anyone EVER heard back from this company after submitting the test transcripts?

LadyMia
08-17-2017, 04:28 PM
I know this is an old post, but I just submitted my test samples to 888-type-it-up yesterday, and wondered what the standard response time was. I found this forum when I went searching, and noticed that no one followed up on this post. Having paid $10 application fee, I'm really hoping they take my application seriously and that this wasn't all a scam! Has anyone EVER heard back from this company after submitting the test transcripts?

I googled the company and really couldn't find any reviews on it. As a rule of thumb for me and most, any time a company charges to work for them it's a red flag that the company may not be legit. The fact that no one ever came back to verify or deny this makes me wonder. There are plenty of transcription companies that don't charge you anything to work for them. So whereas I can't say for sure this company isn't legit, I personally just would not pay a company to work for them. I'm looking to make money from working, not spend money. So hopefully this is not the case here and you do hear back from them.

Tthompson8416
11-10-2017, 01:39 PM

Hi, I'm just curious if you ever heard back from 1888typeitup? I submitted my test 3 days ago but haven't heard anything back yet. Would appreciate your feedback.

Thank You!

tmr
01-06-2018, 07:54 AM
I googled the company and really couldn't find any reviews on it. As a rule of thumb for me and most, any time a company charges to work for them it's a red flag that the company may not be legit. The fact that no one ever came back to verify or deny this makes me wonder. There are plenty of transcription companies that don't charge you anything to work for them. So whereas I can't say for sure this company isn't legit, I personally just would not pay a company to work for them. I'm looking to make money from working, not spend money. So hopefully this is not the case here and you do hear back from them.

I am a very new member here. A few days ago though I saw in one of these threads that someone posted a link for Rat Race Rebellion. I'm not allowed to post links yet but I hope it is ok that I post the name of the site?

Anyway, I went to check out that site and the RRR did ask someone at 1-888-type-it-up about the $10 application fee. It was basically explained that the fee is in place to avoid people who aren't serious about the position and to cut down on the number of invalid applicants so that serious inquires get attention and responses!

Hope this helps... :)

LadyMia
01-09-2018, 09:05 PM
I am a very new member here. A few days ago though I saw in one of these threads that someone posted a link for Rat Race Rebellion. I'm not allowed to post links yet but I hope it is ok that I post the name of the site?

Anyway, I went to check out that site and the RRR did ask someone at 1-888-type-it-up about the $10 application fee. It was basically explained that the fee is in place to avoid people who aren't serious about the position and to cut down on the number of invalid applicants so that serious inquires get attention and responses!

Hope this helps... :)
Unfortunately, that is a line many of us have heard many times before and the company ended up being a scam. These are things companies that charge will say to try and justify the charge. So that really doesn't mean anything. But as I stated I can't say 100% for sure they are a scam, but I would just be careful. It's best to wait and see if someone on here has actually worked for them and can vouch that they pay and are a reputable company to work for.