WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

WAHMBrenda
04-17-2016, 03:47 PM
OK, I mainly work Keen, but I don't honestly feel this is only related to Keen, so I welcome anyone to chime in...

I already have a blog and promote it, but I don't feel I'm getting enough traffic. I feel like I really need to bring in my own traffic. I'm thinking of using Tumblr and I do social media, but it's just not netting me enough. Any suggestions?

I'm not looking for anyone to give away their "secrets" here, just a little help if possible. Thanks.

MPRachel
06-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Hello Brenda,

I been running my own website for over 10 yrs and I've quickly noticed through the years how popular blogging has become and gave it a try myself. As easy as blogging seems, I guess you can say it's not for everyone and takes a lot of dedication, consistency and creativity.

I too noticed with all the blood sweat and tears I put into my blog, that it was difficult to get a lot of traffic there and comments. To this day, my blog seems like a cemetery of abandoned articles, as it started to feel like I was talking to myself and I sort of put my blogging to the side and started mircoblogging. I linked all my social media sites together and whenever I post something on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr it all lands on my stream page.

I find more success with microblogging because I am more consistent, everything seems on autopilot and I just love doing it. So my suggestion to you is to, link all your social media accounts, have a few that you like and link them all together. There are several social media managers out there, that you can set up, that will allow you to post one message and it will go to all your social media accounts.

The next thing I suggest, is just be consistent. You don't think people are listening or watching you, because you may not get a lot of traffic or comments, but trust me, people are watching. More than a few times, I thought people were not watching my blog and then a client comes in and makes a comment on a post I did.

I think with blogging It's not so much how much traffic you get, but more so how you reach the people who do follow you. Even if one person is affected by something you wrote, you did a good job. Don't let comments or traffic determine the value of your blog. The blog is only one element of who you are, most important is the service or product and how you impact peoples lives.

So keep writing the blog if that is what you enjoy, keep it interesting and be consistent and over time, if you are persistent, people will speak up and let you know they are watching or impacted by something you wrote.

~Master Psychic Rachel~
Don't Live Life In The Dark...

JoeSpirit
06-19-2016, 08:25 AM
Good points Rachel.

One way you can connect your social sites Brenda, is with an account on IFTTT (If This Then That). No cost. You set up what they call recipes. You can create one that, when you post to Facebook say, the recipe also publishes the post on your other social sites such as Twitter, Pinterest, etc.

You can also set them up so each post you publish on your blog goes to your social pages.

I've used it with satisfactory results.

PsychicWorldSue
08-02-2016, 03:51 AM
Hi Brenda!

Building your own audience can take some time - not just 3-5 months, but longer than that. I'd really recommend creating content on a regular basis - blog posts, videos, etc. Use social media platforms (Facebook rules right now) to engage with your audience and get new people interested. You can even do Live broadcasts on Facebook to do real-time conversations, mini-readings, etc.

It will take some time and effort. Don't give up! If you love tarot, talk it up! You'll be doing what you love and directing traffic to your business.

I hope that helps!

Blessings,
Sue

JoeSpirit
08-02-2016, 06:14 AM
Another idea is to re-purpose your blog articles.

Create a channel on Youtube, turn your articles into videos, and put your blog address in the video description area.

If your blog articles have high quality information the videos should lead to traffic.

Also, place some content related graphics in your blog posts, and pin them to Pinterest.

MPRachel
10-01-2016, 01:51 PM
Great tips you guys! I think more powerful than social media, till you really build up your social media following, is paid advertising through Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads & Maybe Pinterest. I have found a way to pay very little and bring sufficient traffic to my site. I feel the old age quote still remains true "If you want to make money, you got to spend money." There are ways around that, but till you start a buzz with your blog, paying for advertising may be your best bet.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1