WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Coming back in and have questions

jwinter
04-13-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm coming back into working from home and I want to expand back to psychic readings. I still have an account with Bitwine, but I was wondering if there is anywhere else. I did check with Keen and my phone account is still active. I saw where we can do chat there now. Has anyone done this? Can you set it just for live chat sessions rather than phone or cam?

What about Kasamba? I know I need to pay a fee, but I also worked with them several years ago and they were on the up and up then. Is it still worth it?

I tried searching for camera positions, but I just can't find any. Are there any still out there?

Thanks in advance guys.

oceanemotion
04-16-2016, 12:17 PM
Hey :) I take both phonecalls and chat on Keen, definitely no cam there?? But yes you can just click that youre offline for phonecalls and open up the chat window and keep it open and chat requests will come in. I get a lot more chat requests than calls there. I also work on BitWine, chat only. And I have worked on Kasamba and it was worthwhile for me for sometime, but I just recently got suspended and not allowed to take any new clients...because during the 3 free mins I used it to collect client info and to connect to their situation, not giving them a free reading....A lot of other people have gotten suspended too. They are too controlling and dont give you a 2nd chance or any explanation or warning. So I am probably gonna stop working there, I dont like the environment at all.

I think Oranum is the site for cam readings?

WAHMBrenda
04-16-2016, 07:59 PM
I don't like Bitwine. I find it so hard to stall so I don't give 3 minute readings. Then it's a struggle to get people to pay. Any advice?

oceanemotion
04-16-2016, 11:44 PM
on bitwine especially if youre a new psychic or dont have much reviews (like less than a 100) they will try to take advantage of the 3 minutes...I always just collect name and date of birth and reading questions and press charge...once in a while a client will complain about it but most are ok with it.....:)

jwinter
04-17-2016, 01:51 PM
I still have my Bitwine account and the problem I had the most was the way they take out their fee. I wish they would just take it out at the time of the reading before they send the payment. That way I always know what I have is mine and I don't have to really keep up with it. I'm a little lazy in that regard I guess haha

I think I will try Keen on the chat only and see what happens. I have a toddler and puppies so having a quiet work environment lately is a hit or miss. That's why chat is a bit better for me.

Thanks guys!

WAHMBrenda
04-17-2016, 03:43 PM
For some reason, my Keen chat won't ever stay connected. I have to constantly keep an eye on it. I really wish they'd make it so that it'd make an alert noise like it used to.

oceanemotion
04-18-2016, 03:05 PM
JWinter I deactivate the phone option for most of the day but when my toddler is napping or has gone to bed I put it on :)

Basically there are lots of companies hiring but the question is, how much can you make working for the other sites? I have tried other, smaller sites and you basically earn a small fraction of what you can make on sites like Keen, Kasamba and BitWine. I make around $2000/month on these.

There are also other things you can do...I have my own free website on Weebly, I did try to learn some search engine optimization and promoted my website on Fbook through friends and do make around $500/month through that, I also have an Etsy shop for psychic readings (email and chat readings) and I make around $300/ month there....so yes I am pretty much living the dream working part-time! I wouldnt waste my time on sites where you can earn like $50/month.

oceanemotion
04-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Brenda my keen chat makes an alert noise and nowadays it stays connected all the time, a few months back it didnt. When was the last time you tried it?

WAHMBrenda
04-25-2016, 06:05 PM
OceanEmotion I tried it a week ago but am trying it again tonight so we shall see. Thx

jwinter
04-29-2016, 05:37 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I figured I'd ask here since it's going along with my original post.

I did get the Keen chat up and going, though I haven't had any bites yet. I'm sure they will come though. My real issue though is with BitWine. When I last did readings there we had the option of doing Skype. Apparently that is no longer an option. I'm trying to figure out if we can do more than just chat readings there. For example, can we offer a video reading and send the video response to them through the BitWine based messaging system? I know some sites used to allow that, but wasn't sure about BitWine.

I noticed they did have another option for video, but it seems it is separate of BitWine itself so I'm not sure what to think about that.

Basically I want to offer my clients several options so they have something that works for them regardless of if it is a video reading (live or recorded after purchase) or email or just chat. Any advice/suggestions?

oceanemotion
05-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Hey, bitwine is chat-only, the other site is purple ocean and in that one you post like a 2.5-3 minute video as a response to clients questions

Psychic Tisha
06-14-2016, 06:50 PM
I totally agree about Kasamba I ended up getting suspended as well and I no longer work under them. They are very controlling for the advisors being independent contractors, plus since there are so many readers there it is very hard starting out. As far as cam I agree to that Oranum is the place for that.

PsychicWorldSue
08-02-2016, 04:05 AM
Hi Everyone (esp. Oceanemotion)

I registered with Keen and didn't even get a bite, despite logging in daily and even paying to boost my profile. Do you think that it's as good now as it was back in the day? Are you paying to boost your profile?

Thanks for the info!
Sue:)

oceanemotion
08-11-2016, 02:42 PM
hi Sue :) Just coming to the forums today...
Well I have three profiles on Keen, one in love and relationships, one in tarot readings and one in life questions - most of my traffic comes from life questions. What is your per min rate? I started at the lowest allowed, the 1.50, now I read at 1.75...I generate about $50 income a day on Keen. If I go higher than 1.75 traffic slows down a lot, and I am logged on about 8 hrs a day. I think my advantage is being on when all US readers are probably sleeping as I am in a European timezone.

Sofia

lilyanrose
08-22-2016, 02:48 PM
JWinter I deactivate the phone option for most of the day but when my toddler is napping or has gone to bed I put it on :)

Basically there are lots of companies hiring but the question is, how much can you make working for the other sites? I have tried other, smaller sites and you basically earn a small fraction of what you can make on sites like Keen, Kasamba and BitWine. I make around $2000/month on these.

There are also other things you can do...I have my own free website on Weebly, I did try to learn some search engine optimization and promoted my website on Fbook through friends and do make around $500/month through that, I also have an Etsy shop for psychic readings (email and chat readings) and I make around $300/ month there....so yes I am pretty much living the dream working part-time! I wouldnt waste my time on sites where you can earn like $50/month.

I thought Etsy stopped allowing metaphysical services? Have they changed or is there a way to do it wihtout violating their TOS?

oceanemotion
09-08-2016, 11:39 PM
Etsy still allows psychic readings but not spells or healings

johnlee561
09-14-2016, 01:15 PM
Working for a phone line on an existing platform can be good to build experience.

However, at some point you may want to consider working for yourself. Services like Keen, Kasamba and Bitwine pay pennies on the dollar. At the end of the day, your the reason the client is calling for a reading. So if you're good at what your doing you may as well broaden your horizon and consider setting up your own Psychic business so clients can contact you direct. You'll make alot more that way.

lilyanrose
10-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Hey :) I take both phonecalls and chat on Keen, definitely no cam there?? But yes you can just click that youre offline for phonecalls and open up the chat window and keep it open and chat requests will come in. I get a lot more chat requests than calls there. I also work on BitWine, chat only. And I have worked on Kasamba and it was worthwhile for me for sometime, but I just recently got suspended and not allowed to take any new clients...because during the 3 free mins I used it to collect client info and to connect to their situation, not giving them a free reading....A lot of other people have gotten suspended too. They are too controlling and dont give you a 2nd chance or any explanation or warning. So I am probably gonna stop working there, I dont like the environment at all.

I think Oranum is the site for cam readings?

Which does better, phone or chat? Trying to decide if getting a landline is worth it.

oceanemotion
11-04-2016, 06:37 AM
I get more phonecalls than chats, maybe 70% phonecalls and 30% chat. But I use SKYPE on my laptop, I just bought a US phone number for Skype and I think it's around $20 for 3 months.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1