WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

clairejones
04-07-2016, 07:31 PM
We're justing starting our affiliate program and didn't attract so many Affiliates.:( I'm a newbie affiliate markter and we're in skincare industry(fierce competition ha?), I really want to do this well. Could you guys suggest what would be your concerns(besides the commission rate:p) when applying for an affiliate program and what kind of company or affiliate markter are you expected? P.S. Will a 5% commission rate attracts you? Thank you so much!

Fitnessdad
04-07-2016, 07:43 PM
One would be the quality of the site I am sending them too. Second issue would be if the marketer is trying to get information from the traffic before paying me.

A lot of affiliate sites are not trust worthy - you send them traffic they collect email but since they didn't buy on that go around you lose because the marketer collected email and will end up keeping the commish when they sell them down the road.

Junky up-sells - I am sick of up-sells I now view people that have multiple up-sells as not honest upfront. Tell me all the costs upfront and be honest.

This is of course if care about your customers that you refer which I do but there are a lot of marketers who don't they just want the $1.

5% most likely won't work. First it will take a lot of clicks before someone buy's so therefore it has to be a good amount of commission for me to send traffic somewhere.

Hope that helps :-)

clairejones
04-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Thank you so much! Yes, that's really helpful! :-)

Generally, how much commission will drive you to do something? :)

Fitnessdad
04-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Really it boils down to cost per click. So if I send 100 people to site how many will end up buying? 1 - 2?

Lets say 2 people buy and they each buy $200 worth of product. That would make $20.00 so that is about 20 cents per click which will be ok but I am more app to focus on something that pay's $1.00 plus.

Real Quality traffic is hard to get.

I might have missed it I know you said it is a skin care product. But what is the average sale?

Xelin
05-02-2016, 08:11 PM
First concern on my end is that the affiliate site should be legit. They should have a good reputation of paying their affiliates. And then, I look into the quality of the products they sell. I don't want to be writing and promoting about products that won't give justice to what I am trying to tell people.

behtty.co
05-19-2016, 04:31 AM
First concern on my end is that the affiliate site should be legit. They should have a good reputation of paying their affiliates. And then, I look into the quality of the products they sell. I don't want to be writing and promoting about products that won't give justice to what I am trying to tell people.

Very well said @Xelin! I thought of that too everytime I get into affiliate programs.

Expertmom
06-14-2016, 03:08 AM
Something that I like is special offers, things that I can offer on my blog to my readers. This is something I often find missing. I can understand that you don't want to generalize such a thing but at least let people know how they can contact you and get special codes and discounts to use exclusively on their blogs.
Just my 5...

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1