WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

TranscriptionJobs
03-30-2016, 10:37 AM
Hello!

We are looking to hire up to 40 new transcribers from US, UK, CA, AU who can work remotely from home.

Please scroll down to find the details.

TranscriptionJobs
03-30-2016, 10:37 AM
All details can be found here:

https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=https://rushtranscription.com/join/join.docx

Follow the steps at the bottom of the document.

Any questions can be sent to: [email protected]

JanD
03-31-2016, 08:20 AM
I just don't get it. You say you pay an average of .50 per audio/video minute. Realistically, 60 minutes of audio would take at least 4 hours, IF it we were fortunate enough to have one articulate speaker and dream audio. This armounts to $7.50 per hour.

Then factor in a more realistic audio/video scenario, proofreading (which I'm sure we all do as a general rule). time stamps, and at least some research, and one would be lucky to earn $5.00 per hour.

Insulting, at the very least, and not a very wise approach to insuring your success in the transcription arena.

I don't usually comment on these kinds of work offers, but this time, I just have to speak up.

TranscriptionJobs
03-31-2016, 10:21 AM
I just don't get it. You say you pay an average of .50 per audio/video minute. Realistically, 60 minutes of audio would take at least 4 hours, IF it we were fortunate enough to have one articulate speaker and dream audio. This armounts to $7.50 per hour.

Then factor in a more realistic audio/video scenario, proofreading (which I'm sure we all do as a general rule). time stamps, and at least some research, and one would be lucky to earn $5.00 per hour.

Insulting, at the very least, and not a very wise approach to insuring your success in the transcription arena.

I don't usually comment on these kinds of work offers, but this time, I just have to speak up.

Market dictate the prices not me, customer pay us $1.00 - 1.50/min so what do you expect?

Calculate business expenses, taxes, client acquisition cost, support, you will see that we making $0.10-$0.20/min. vs you $0.50/min so who should be complaining here m :) ?

JanD
03-31-2016, 11:27 AM
I realize that there are business expenses. We all have them.

Looking at your calculations, if you earned .20 cents per audio minute, that would amount to $12.00 per hour for you after your expenses are factored in. So, you would make $12 and your transcriber would make $5.00 after doing all of the labor. I think it's pretty clear where the unfairness lies. Unless, of course, you have to share that $12.00 with one or more support staff!

It sounds like you've found a market that is willing to exploit you, which forces you to exploit your transcribers. If you check around, you should be able to see that what that particular market is willing to pay you is way, way below par. This simply creates a lose-lose situation for both you and your transcribers.

Do you have a website? I tried rushtranscription.com and get a "forbidden" message.

P.S. I'm not complaining; I'm protesting!!

PeterF
03-31-2016, 05:35 PM
Looking at your calculations, if you earned .20 cents per audio minute, that would amount to $12.00 per hour for you after your expenses are factored in. So, you would make $12 and your transcriber would make $5.00 after doing all of the labor

You seem to be comparing the income per AUDIO hour for the employer versus income per actual work hour for the transcriber. Based on what was said and the .50 per audio minute rate, the company makes $12 for every $30 that the transcriber makes.

JanD
04-02-2016, 05:55 AM
I see your point of view.

Could you please provide your website link? I can't seem to find you on-line.

Thanks

momforhomework
04-20-2016, 10:51 PM
Hi.
How are you?
I am based in India.
I have experience in transcription.
I am seeking regular transcription work.
Can you please help me?
Thank you and regards.
Radhika

TranscriptionJobs
04-26-2016, 10:41 AM
Still need around 20 people.

Work is available immediately if you send us a decent transcription sample. Payments are done every week so it is pretty fast money. :)

momforhomework
04-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Still need around 20 people.

Work is available immediately if you send us a decent transcription sample. Payments are done every week so it is pretty fast money. :)
Thanks for not bothering to answer
to the PM you sent me.
Don't worry...
do not contact me again.