WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Blog Advice

SideGigMom
03-21-2016, 06:51 AM
Hi Ladies,

I have recently started a blog for moms that are interested in working from home. I have a list of blog post ideas, but I was hoping to get some feedback from you all. What kinds of topics are you most interested in reading about pertaining to working from home?

- How to get started?
- Reviews of various business opportunities?
- How to build a website?
- How to promote your website?
- How to make extra money from home?
- How to turn your passion or hobby into a business?

What else? I want this blog to be helpful and unique. There are soooo many websites out there about working from home. Any and all feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks!!

Nikki

RogueIMer
03-23-2016, 03:59 PM
Nikki,

Honestly, I think you've done a great job so far with the ideas you've already come up with!

If you need more ideas, put yourself in the shoes of another woman/mom who wants to have some type of online business and figure out what additional questions they might have.

What questions/concerns/issues did you have when you decided to jump all in with starting a home based business? Write them down and use those topics to write even more content!

I'm sure once you start writing about one topic, you're going to get ideas on what the next natural progression would be and thus, there's another topic to write about.

Good luck and keep us posted with how things are going!

Ray

Fitnessdad
03-23-2016, 05:15 PM
Sidegigmom - Blogging is not easy and will take several articles for your blog to create any real traffic. Also Google is a real pain my advice would be to build a email list or drive sales to a product. Use social media with killer pictures or videos... Just my 2 cents :-)

Good luck if you choose to blog.......

RogueIMer
03-24-2016, 03:10 PM
Sidegigmom - Blogging is not easy and will take several articles for your blog to create any real traffic. Also Google is a real pain my advice would be to build a email list or drive sales to a product. Use social media with killer pictures or videos... Just my 2 cents :-)

Good luck if you choose to blog.......

In response to FitnessDad's post above, I second his thought about building a list and there are quite a few good, low-cost auto-responders out on the market, such as;

* Aweber
* GetResponse
* Mail Chimp
* Constant Contact

Once you start seeing steady/consistent traffic, insert an 'optin form' on the blog and in exchange for the readers name/email address, come up with some type of incentive for that person to opt-in to your list.

It could be something as a special 'report' that covers a few topics a bit more in-depth, or offers a list of free online resources that they could use to get their own business off the ground, or sub'ing to your monthly newsletter of tips/tricks/techniques for the aspiring/would be online-entreprenuer...etc., etc.

Of course, you'll need traffic in order to get opt-ins and start building a list, but if the content is good and the reader feels like they're learning something, you'll start to build a following and that's always a good thing!

By the way 'FitnessDad', thought I'd let you know you've got a spelling error in your signature...it's not 'your not making money'...but rather..."you're not making money"...just an FYI is all! :D

SideGigMom
04-02-2016, 07:34 AM
Thank you for the helpful suggestions!

Suzanne-SB
05-04-2016, 11:48 PM
I've started a similar thing as you...I think your list is a great start.

Medicine Mama
05-05-2016, 05:17 AM
Nikki,
I recently started the same blog. I like all of your ideas. What is your blog? I would like to read your take on each of the topics! Are you hoping to bring in new prospects for your own business with your blog? That is what I am doing, so if you have any ideas about that, I'm all ears!
Thanks,
Medicine Mama

Hi Ladies,

I have recently started a blog for moms that are interested in working from home. I have a list of blog post ideas, but I was hoping to get some feedback from you all. What kinds of topics are you most interested in reading about pertaining to working from home?

- How to get started?
- Reviews of various business opportunities?
- How to build a website?
- How to promote your website?
- How to make extra money from home?
- How to turn your passion or hobby into a business?

What else? I want this blog to be helpful and unique. There are soooo many websites out there about working from home. Any and all feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks!!

Nikki

Medicine Mama
05-05-2016, 05:22 AM
So you suggest building a list and sending that list to your blog? Or building a list for your opportunity and following up with autoresponders? How large of a list should I have before I start seeing results? Thanks for your info!

In response to FitnessDad's post above, I second his thought about building a list and there are quite a few good, low-cost auto-responders out on the market, such as;

* Aweber
* GetResponse
* Mail Chimp
* Constant Contact

Once you start seeing steady/consistent traffic, insert an 'optin form' on the blog and in exchange for the readers name/email address, come up with some type of incentive for that person to opt-in to your list.

It could be something as a special 'report' that covers a few topics a bit more in-depth, or offers a list of free online resources that they could use to get their own business off the ground, or sub'ing to your monthly newsletter of tips/tricks/techniques for the aspiring/would be online-entreprenuer...etc., etc.

Of course, you'll need traffic in order to get opt-ins and start building a list, but if the content is good and the reader feels like they're learning something, you'll start to build a following and that's always a good thing!

By the way 'FitnessDad', thought I'd let you know you've got a spelling error in your signature...it's not 'your not making money'...but rather..."you're not making money"...just an FYI is all! :D

jultyrrell
05-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all the great information!! I know your blog will be a success, learning myself one day at a time. Would certainly love to read your blog!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1