WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : TranscribeAnywhere

msjakes
02-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone! I have been practicing transcription (general) and came across this site...TranscribeAnywhere...that has mini course (free) and another course in several "mods" that you can pay for all or "pay as you go"--pay for 2 and if you want more, pay. At least that is the way I am understanding.
My question is has anyone else read this site or used the site?
Right now I am trying to find all the "free practice tapes" I can, so anyone has suggestions would be appreciative.
Have a great weekend!
Thanks in advance;)

PeterF
02-21-2016, 05:03 PM
You don't need this for general transcription. I can almost guarantee that none of us long time transcriptionists took this course. The only course you should pay money for is something that gives you credibility in the medical field.

If it cost 10% of what it does I might say it could have some value just as a good read with a lot of aspects covered in one place so you can splurge for it, but then I saw the prices and oh boy are they steep.

Between the documentation that any client will send you (including their specific needs), your public education, things you'll figure out on your own and tips you can get here, that course gives you nothing you won't run into with some legwork.

It'd be a better investment to just put that money towards a foot pedal instead, maybe a set of nice closed headphones or even a mechanical keyboard.