WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Can't get past the test anxiety!

looking4trth
02-15-2016, 05:40 PM
I have applied for a number of transcription positions but when the test invite comes I absolutely panic. I have suffered with test-anxiety all of my life; (I usually refer to it as performance anxiety). It's a whole psychological thing that I can't get past. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I might get past this long enough to take a test? This is really starting to become a huge problem as I desperately need the income. However, it doesn't seem that eating is important enough to me to find a way past this block.

Thanks,

L4T

Lisakd
02-18-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure how to handle the test anxiety but most tests are short and offer ample time for completion so I would suggest doing it right away so you have plenty of time to go over it again and again before you submit it. Also, you'll be testing in the comfort of your home with no one breathing down your neck so hopefully that will help! Good luck!!!!

danasurvey
02-18-2016, 06:49 PM
As you take more tests, things may get easier too. Many things do with practice. Try to relax and do your best and don't be too hard on yourself.

Good luck. :)