WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Blog website idea need advice

Petra
02-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Default Need advice tips new website
I don't really know where to post this. So here it goes... I'm thinking of starting a website/blog for parents looking to adopt and parents who placed a child up for adoption. I placed my son up for adoption about 14 years ago. Ive made peace with my choice but the emotions don't go away. The reason I want to do this:
- I want other moms to have a place to go to
- I think it would be therapeutic for me
- I want to build something I'm proud of
- I don't want others to feel alone like I did
- I want people to see the beauty of adoption
- I truly believe it's a passion of mine
- I want to be resourceful
- I care!

So with that being said... I don't necessarily want to profit off of anyone. But I do want to at least have some small income maybe from affiliates or books? I can't really think of what kind of affiliate links I could add to make a small profit. I also thought about having a section for profiles of parents looking to adopt on my website. However I need to some how make sure they are screened because I don't want to put just anyone on my website or maybe working with adoption agencies (of course with the permission of the potential parents).

If I did a non profit website could I still have affiliate links?

I have the creating a website part handled. I have designed several websites throughout the years. So that will be the easy part.

Anyone have any thoughts or tips? Anyone run a successful blog/site?

BradleyB
02-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Don't even worry about the affiliate income at this point. Focus on building the core of your business which is writing content for your audience. Generating content will lead to monthly visitors (due to your content being indexed by the search engines). Give yourself 6 to 12 months before you even worry about affiliate income. Focus, focus, focus. Content is king.

Petra
02-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Thank you good tip!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1