WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

adeelghazanfar1
01-19-2016, 02:13 AM
Hello, Is it necessary to have own domain name for a website? I am using a free domain name for my website. I do not wants to buy a domain name for my website, and wants to continue with a free domain name. Can I do affiliate marketing without having my own domain name? Thank you.

BTHodgeman
01-19-2016, 07:43 AM
Hello, Is it necessary to have own domain name for a website? I am using a free domain name for my website. I do not wants to buy a domain name for my website, and wants to continue with a free domain name. Can I do affiliate marketing without having my own domain name? Thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by free domain? Do you mean created my your company?

You can do it without your own doman, but if it is hard to get to or hard for people to remember, you may struggle. Of course, that is not as important if you are exclusively advertising online since most people click directly on links/posts and get to your website.

You may also struggle with search engine placement since you presumably don't own the content if it is a company-sponsored landing page.

mlrhodes
01-20-2016, 08:56 PM
Like adeelghazanfar1 said you can but it's a lot harder. Affiliate sites are hard enough to Market and make Google like, if you have some kind of long drawn address.

It's way better to get real hosting and real domain name: Besides with Shared hosting you can usually get 50 sub-domains to go along with your real 1, so you have a potiential for 51 sites, all leading back to your domain

onsight
02-22-2016, 02:51 AM

It really depends on what level of professionalism you want. I recently made the decision to get one and I think it was right. The thing is, the moment someone sees .wordpress or something it makes your website look less credible. but also it makes your website rank higher when you choose a proper domain name. if you don't want .com they're not that expensive either - .net it much much cheaper and just as professional. i used the domain check here: Domain Check | Search & Find Available Domain Names (http://www.1and1.com/domain-check) when i bought mine and you get some options too. anyway i hope that helps! :)

SideGigMom
04-02-2016, 07:42 AM
It's funny, I just wrote a blog post about why it's important to own your domain. Owning your domain is a smart and cheap investment. Think of it as owning your own piece of internet real estate, as you build your site it only goes up in value.

I personally use godaddy.com, they often have .99 sales on their domains. :)

SideGigMom

Fitnessdad
04-02-2016, 07:09 PM
You can but watch out for the terms of service as your site can be removed at anytime for violating them - putting in a lot of hard work for it to only be wiped away would be sad.....

Domain and hosting is not much so my opinion is if your serious and going to devote the time you will need to invest a little....

Good Luck....

regina42
04-02-2016, 09:50 PM
I have my own domain also for my own website.

JoeSpirit
06-11-2016, 08:40 AM
There are free website providers that you can use. Not sure if that's what you're using for your free domain.

My daughter in law used one for a few years for marketing dogs that she bred. High value animals with pretty elite pedigrees. She did well with the free site, but then she only had so many pups to sell once or twice a year.

I agree with the poster who stated that, if you're serious about marketing online, owning your own domain makes you look more professional.

Those free sites also post their own advertisements on your pages. That's how they can provide the sites for free. And those adverts distract your visitors away from your content.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1