WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Website Listed On Google

adeelghazanfar1
01-19-2016, 01:57 AM
Hi, I have a website listed on google. I wants to make changes to it, like I wants to change its title , and its content. If I make changes to it, does it would effect the website listing on google? Please reply. Thank you.

BTHodgeman
01-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Changing the title alone probably won't impact its ranking. It would just appear differently on Google. Changing the content and links can change its ranking.

I would advise that you read up on SEO to learn how links, text, backlinks and the like all impact placement on Google. There are tons of websites and books on the topic.

The one thing to keep in mind - as soon as you learn how to impact placement, Google changes something in their algorithms, so your results may not be as quick as you like. Like everything, it takes work and experimentation to see what works for your business.

Good luck :)

mlrhodes
01-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Changing the title alone probably won't impact its ranking. It would just appear differently on Google. Changing the content and links can change its ranking.

I would advise that you read up on SEO to learn how links, text, backlinks and the like all impact placement on Google. There are tons of websites and books on the topic.

The one thing to keep in mind - as soon as you learn how to impact placement, Google changes something in their algorithms, so your results may not be as quick as you like. Like everything, it takes work and experimentation to see what works for your business.

Good luck :)

and remember Google just had a core algorithm update come out, and a Penquin update is due soon. Be sure if you change the name of the site to change it in Google Webmaster Tools, if your using those, and you should be. Also make a blog post about the change, and make sure the rich snipet has info about it in it.

adeelghazanfar1
01-22-2016, 01:29 AM
Thanks for replying. And if I changes the web address of the site , does it would effect the website listing in google?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1