WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Restarting VS New

WebMistresss
01-14-2016, 11:55 AM
I was excited to restart my Scentsy consultancy, but then I got the reinstatement letter from the corporate office. I didn't have any sales, and my account has been inactive for over a year, but I don't have the option to purchase a new consultant kit and I have to sell 150 PRV in one month! It doesn't seem like they want people to come back. I'm thinking I should just set up as a new consultant using my business EIN instead of my SSN.

Any thoughts on this from some of you that have been involved with Scentsy for a long time?

Thanks!

LAscents
01-15-2016, 09:55 AM
If you've previously been a consultant then it's a reinstatement, not a new enrollee. As far as requirements, if you're ready to come back I assume that means you're ready to sell and/or place an order so it shouldn't be an issue. As far as business supplies, can choose whatever you think you need from the Scentsy Family Store. You can also rebuild your display inventory by being both the consultant and the host and getting the free and half off product.

As far an sole proprietor vs. business entity, that's mainly for income tax purposes and your accountant can best advise if it would benefit you.

Privatemf
01-18-2016, 12:59 PM
I was excited to restart my Scentsy consultancy, but then I got the reinstatement letter from the corporate office. I didn't have any sales, and my account has been inactive for over a year, but I don't have the option to purchase a new consultant kit and I have to sell 150 PRV in one month! It doesn't seem like they want people to come back.!

I do not understand how Scentsy operates, I am sure they think they are doing you a favor by allowing you to come back. I love the products but there is much to be desired as far as how they operate. See if you can sign up for the World Tour, they are giving away free product and also they have a lot of free items that would help. Just a tip if you are having to do a PRV of 150. If you get the Diffuser Kit, you get a wonderful value and could have a wonderful Diffuser Party/Open House. You open a party, get the Diffuser Kit for about $250 and you get 200 PRV for it. You also get the party rewards. It is awesome. I hope you have a better go round this time.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1