WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Scribie? What the heck!?

DionneParks
12-23-2015, 05:20 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

macdknife
12-23-2015, 08:21 AM
If they gave you a live file to transcribe, and then cancelled the job, it sounds like a total ripoff. When you think of it, you split a "live" file into 10 sections, send out the 10 to the unfortunate waiting to get hired, and you've got your job done for free. That really sucks. Besides, Scribie pay sucks, so it's a good thing you did not get entrapped there! There are many, many honest legit posts on the forum regarding transcribing opportunities, so go ahead and give them a shot.

Merry Christmas and a happy new years!!! :)

PeterF
12-23-2015, 06:16 PM
I would say investing one or two hours to get into a decent company should not be an issue, but it sounds like with this one you dodged a bullet. With my clients, understanding difficult audio is appreciated, not something to punish. That's really puzzling for me.

I just checked Scribe's rates and $10 per audio hour is the very bottom end of the industry anyways, that's what a newbie would get from absolute penny pinchers on freelance sites.

loriew72
12-29-2015, 12:27 PM
I have been with Scribie for a few months and I find it a good place. I have been paid, promoted to reviewer and self-reviewer. The style guide is barely one page long, it's easy to remember. When I had first applied, the file had "timed out" because you get two hours to complete it. They let me do it twice more and when I passed, I began transcribing immediately. I am not the fastest or best typist. I began completely as what I'd call a total "beginner." With practice, I've kept my score up enough to get the promotions.
Keep it up, try again and you will get it! I wish you all luck ;):)

PeterF
12-29-2015, 08:08 PM
I have been with Scribie for a few months and I find it a good place. I have been paid, promoted to reviewer and self-reviewer. The style guide is barely one page long, it's easy to remember. When I had first applied, the file had "timed out" because you get two hours to complete it. They let me do it twice more and when I passed, I began transcribing immediately. I am not the fastest or best typist. I began completely as what I'd call a total "beginner." With practice, I've kept my score up enough to get the promotions.
Keep it up, try again and you will get it! I wish you all luck ;):)

Does the pay rate go up at all as you prove yourself?

PinkPea
12-30-2015, 01:23 PM
Life is not fair. I think you should move on and find a more profitable venture.

Good luck and Happy New Year to you,

Pink Pea