WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Question about Express Scribe

texaswahmof3
12-13-2015, 09:32 PM
I downloaded the free version of Express Scribe to use to take a test with a company. I have two other companies that I downloaded their test audio to take their tests but when I try to play them in Express Scribe a box pops us that says something like "you are using the free version some features may not work; either purchase software or enter registration code" and it will not load or play my files.

Is there a limit on how many files you can play or how many days you can use this software before it expires? I don't have the money to purchase it at the moment, but I do plan on purchasing once I am accepted at any of the companies I've applied at.

Thanks!

pawp11
12-14-2015, 08:58 AM
There is a time limit, I think. You can completely uninstall, download again, and reinstall to see if that works. There are also other players like Transcription Buddy and For The Record which are free.

texaswahmof3
12-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Thank you!

tripmom
12-17-2015, 06:01 AM
There is a time limit on it. However, to get around that, Google Express Scribe 5.4 and download that version. It is forever free, you don't have to upgrade if you don't want to.

PeterF
12-17-2015, 05:50 PM
There is a time limit on it. However, to get around that, Google Express Scribe 5.4 and download that version. It is forever free, you don't have to upgrade if you don't want to.

If you do this and accept a download from an unofficial source outside of nch.com.au, you're likely to run into a pirated version, therefore it's neither legal nor safe depending on where you get it from. In fact I just googled your suggestion and some of the results are shady at best. There are sites out there that just spoof a result for whatever keywords you entered, to trick you into downloading who knows what. Please don't attempt this if you're even slightly unsure that your BS sensor is calibrated for software downloads.

If I recall correctly the free license to ES still handles basic files like MP3s after it expires, unless they've changed that since I went pro, but no video files at all. If the samples you're working with are videos you can convert them to audio only.