WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : ebay seller's?

arlene1076
12-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Those that sell on ebay and other auction sites, what are your best sellers?

ybnegood
01-18-2016, 01:04 PM
My best sellers are things I BUY on Ebay and re-sell on Facebook.
Selling items on Ebay is a crap shoot. High Fees, Buyer Scams, and the Post office just
raised their rates and Ebay reduced their shipping discounts, so shipping went up 25% this week.

Ebay is a very tough market to make any money on, unless you have extremely good luck sourching products. Those that find a product will not share their source info with you or anybody else.
good luck

martin

PinkPea
01-18-2016, 02:53 PM
There are many trustworthy sellers and buyers on e-bay. One of the best items I have found as both a seller and a buyer is designer clothing in very good condition - meaning clean, slightly worn with no tears, no flaws in the material, no missing buttons, etc. Sourcing designer clothing is fairly easy at estate sales, high end garage sales, and a few consignment shops. If you add accessories - such as designer purses, shoes, scarves ... you could be on your way to a nice part-time "boutique" income.

Do you have a particular niche ? For example - you could cater to those who are looking for designer evening wear or executive women who prefer dark colors - black or dark blue - for their important board room meetings; or ladies who are looking for designer clothing in larger plus sizes. (Yes - each of these niches and many other have both buyers and sellers on e-bay).

Packing your product is also a key for your buyers to remember you. For example - I use only pink and white tissue paper for wrapping, and I also add my business card, and include a small gift bag to include a $5.00 gift card for future purchases and a handwritten thank you note.

It's the little things that count that set can set you apart from other sellers Good luck !

To Your Success,

Pink Pea

Scoots
02-27-2016, 09:11 AM
There are many trustworthy sellers and buyers on e-bay. One of the best items I have found as both a seller and a buyer is designer clothing in very good condition - meaning clean, slightly worn with no tears, no flaws in the material, no missing buttons, etc. Sourcing designer clothing is fairly easy at estate sales, high end garage sales, and a few consignment shops. If you add accessories - such as designer purses, shoes, scarves ... you could be on your way to a nice part-time "boutique" income.

Do you have a particular niche ? For example - you could cater to those who are looking for designer evening wear or executive women who prefer dark colors - black or dark blue - for their important board room meetings; or ladies who are looking for designer clothing in larger plus sizes. (Yes - each of these niches and many other have both buyers and sellers on e-bay).

Packing your product is also a key for your buyers to remember you. For example - I use only pink and white tissue paper for wrapping, and I also add my business card, and include a small gift bag to include a $5.00 gift card for future purchases and a handwritten thank you note.

It's the little things that count that set can set you apart from other sellers Good luck !

To Your Success,

Pink Pea

These are GREAT ideas! I have been an Ebay seller since 1997, off and on. I am in the process of ramping up my Ebay biz as a part of my diversified home-based business ventures along with some other things that I do freelance and as a contractor.
In the past I have sold a variety of stuff from my own closet but I am planning to hit thrift shops, yard sales, and eventually a few auctions once my "capital" builds up a bit.
Seasoned sellers say to "find a niche" and watch always for current trends on Ebay and Amazon.
There are plenty of people making a good living on Ebay and they are willing to share their advice on the Ebay community forum. I have just started looking at this myself and am hoping to make a good income from this as I am now a full time caregiver and cannot work out of the home right now.
Anyway, good luck to you!

rasta1
02-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Does anyone no what exactly to sell on ebay, I tried selling a few items but never
made no money.:mad:

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1