WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Why are people so skeptical?

blinky
12-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Hi, Everyone!

I'm a little confused. Shouldn't something that saves you money that is also free be a good thing? All of my products are free for anyone to use and can save people money. The company has a great track record and has been in business for over 10 years.

I don't understand why I'm having so much trouble giving away a free product. Any thoughts?

Blinky :-)

Persistant59
12-07-2015, 08:24 PM
It sound like you are offering a great product. I heard of the National Drug Card before. Hang in there. There are people out there that are needing and looking for a cheaper way to get their medication without paying an arm and a leg so to speak to get it. Are you advertising online and off line also. What about flyers or Post cards. Another way to get the word out is through family and friends and also social Media like Facebook And Twitter. Just do a post maybe once every three to four days about your card. Hope I was able to offer some suggestions that you can use. Just want to encourage you to hang in there and don't give up:)

QueenMaa
12-08-2015, 12:14 PM
You can also advertise using safelists, freeadboards, and viral marketing sites. The key with those is you have to be consistent and write good advertising copy. Also have a lead capture page. You see people using those a lot when you advertise on safelists. With freeadboards and viral marketing sites you can also put your ad in the appropriate categories. What I like about the viral marketing sites is they allow you to build a list and advertise as well.

I agree with Persistant59. Don't give up. Sometimes it takes a minute. The first of this month I received a payment from paypal from one of the affiliate programs. I had been promoting. I had written a blog post about this one particular blogging affiliate program. I was shocked when I got that payment from paypal. It was extremely unexpected but greatly appreciated. I say all this to say hang in there. It's coming. Sometimes it seems like it is never going to happen. That's usually when it's about to happen.

Write down your goals and what you want to achieve and stay positive. Focus on what you want to achieve. You can do this. :)

blinky
12-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Thank you both for your kind words! I don't want to give up - quite the opposite! I would like to replace my income and do NDC full time but it's obvious that I haven't found my target audience.

Would either of you mind elaborating about viral marketing sites that you know to be successful? I think I have a good idea of what viral marketing is but I don't know how to use it or where the bests sites are.

Thanks! You have both made me feel much better!

Blinky :-)

msuggitt
12-23-2015, 08:19 PM
My take is that you may have to do some research and target your marketing efforts to a more narrow audience. I understand that this is a national card and the stores accepting it are national chain stores but I live in MI and since the changes in Health Care most low income people now have been accepted into the expanded Medicaid in our state and many of the self-employed and lower middle class now qualify for our "Healthy MI" health plan so no longer have the need for such a card as they did in the past.

► but we still have a need for the discounts on 'Pet Drugs" so maybe target your marketing efforts on that to see if you can boost your enrollments. Maybe leave marketing materials at local vet offices highlighting the discount on pet drugs.

So it may not be skepticism but rather a declining national need for such a service. Maybe you can find out what states now have the least health coverage and target your marketing efforts directly towards people in those specific states to see if you can boost enrollment.

If there is large numbers of under-covered people in your local area, you can set up a booth at shows and events - you can post flyers on community bulletin boards - write up and submit a Press Release to your local paper to get exposure.

wishing you a happy and prosperous new year

writepro
02-09-2016, 03:30 PM
msuggit, you're right. Also, places like Walmart, Kroger, and lots of other large pharmacy chains now sell a lot of drugs for something like $4 for a month's worth of (generic) refills. It's hard for a discount card can compete with those prices!

Advice to blinky - don't give up, but also look into diversifying your efforts a bit (or a lot).

Bevel
02-10-2016, 09:57 AM
I totally agree and think you've hit the "nail on the head" with this one. Also, I agree that helping animal lovers who need discounts on pet expense may be worth researching the market. Really great advice, thumbs up to you.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1