WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Jewelry company comparisons

MzBrooklyn
11-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Good Evening,

I am looking to get back into direct sales where I can de-stress from my career. I am stuck between selling consumable products and non-consumable products. The one thing about consumable products are re-orders but I love jewelry and accessories.

I am stuck between Just jewelry (especially with their boutique line), Northern Clover and Park Lane jewelry and Premier Design.

Please share with me your opinions and differences with these companies (especially if you are already with one of these companies).

I appreciate everyone's input.
Thanks

krattner
01-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Consider Keep Collective. It's a brand created by Stella and Dot so you know it's a reputable company but it's pretty new (only a year old) so you would be getting in on the ground floor!

- Earn 25%-35% of your retail sales, receive generous commissions from your team, and get PAID weekly!

- Save with a 25%+ discount, earn FREE PRODUCT and get rewarded with all-expenses-paid glamorous GETAWAYS.

Check it out at https://www.keep-collective.com/with/katerattner

Let me know if you have any questions!

funmomma
01-28-2016, 10:39 PM
Hi MzBrooklyn,
I have always thought a person should go with the product and company they love the most. If you love accessories, then I am assuming the 4 companies you listed are the ones who spoke to your personal tastes the most. I can't speak to any of these companies specifically but would encourage you to narrow it down to which line(s) would you most like to wear and then look into their individual plans and find what's important to you.
I joined my company being a woman who rarely wore jewelry because I just didn't see much out there that really "spoke" to me. I NEVER thought I'd sell jewelry/accessories! But Trades of Hope caught my heart with their mission, the stories of the artisans and learning how a necklace can help a momma keep her family intact and not have to give her child to an orphanage to be fed in Haiti, that a scarf is helping a woman who has escaped the sex industry in Nepal, that a wrap bracelet can help a woman in the slums of Costa Rica care for her family...... I couldn't get these women out of my head or my heart and I fell in love with TOH.
Narrow it down to what companies can ignite your passion and dig deeper in those. If you're joining a company to de-stress from your FT job you might as well LOVE what you're doing! Right?! Take your time, find a rep from each company that you can connect with and ask lots of questions and I wish you the best finding the right fit for your return to DS. :)
Amanda

Premier_erica
01-29-2016, 07:26 AM
I've been with Premier Designs for over 4 years now & love it!
If you would like information, I have a video or call that you listen in to and get all the details.

3 things that I love!
No quotas, 50% instant paycheck & no deliveries.

feel free to email if you want to get more in depth info!
[email protected]

HappySnapping
01-29-2016, 08:18 AM
I am not a part of the companies you are requesting information for, so I can't offer input on that, but I do sell jewelry/accessories for a different company and can offer some input on consumable vs. non-consumable products.

I was really hung up on selling consumable goods for a while, and almost went with a food company instead of the jewelry company I joined. I realized, though, that I simply wanted to sell the food mainly because it was consumable. Yes, I did enjoy the products and I probably would have been ok selling it, but the jewelry is what put a spark in my soul. �� My first party, I was so excited to share my products with my guests and they were excited, too! The important part is that you are EXCITED about your products (because believe me, it shows!)

Also, regardless of consumable vs. non-consumable, it is crucial to follow up with your customers! Even with consumable products, people may just go and find something comparable at the store (even if it is lesser quality) for convenience sake if you don't keep in contact with your customers. When you follow up, you keep your products and your name on the forefront of their mind. Same goes with jewelry. If your company offers new products throughout the year (which it should), then you can follow up with customized calls stating what new products your customer might like.

Following up is the key, whether you sell consumable products or nonconsumables!

Anyway, I've been where you've been with a stressful job, and I hope you're able to find the perfect company to help you decompress.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else! ��

accents4you2
03-05-2016, 11:32 PM
I'm with TOH like Amanda. It is truly an amazing company with gorgeous handcrafted jewelry and accessories made from upcycled and recycled materials. As Amanda shared every piece has an amazing story behind it. And the lives being transformed and even saved makes it even more incredible. Having said all that, since it's not on your list, I just want to share I just recently saw the new JJ boutique line and it is so super fun! I love that the items are purchased ( I believe) from small women owned businesses. I love that 10 % of every sale goes into missions, and I love the "nutty bar" program, and I love the owners mission statement. Their new Spring line is right on trend with all the ice pink (there's other names as well ), fringe, denim, etc. The variety of products, t shirts, dresses, skirts, plus jewelry and accessories is a real plus. Every thing in their boutique line is fabulous. Try and get catalogs from each company and tell women you're doing a marketing survey and would like their opinions. You can also write a wish list and see which product line you would wear most since in this business you are a walking advertisement. Take your time. ..All the best!

MichelleWriter
07-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Hey ladies, I'm writing an article for Redbook magazine about women working in direct sales and how it affects their relationships/friendships--how they navigate selling and promoting products and services to or with good friends, any problems that crop up...looking for anecdotes about things that happened with friends. Please reply ASAP if you'd be able to speak with me on the phone in the next couple of days! You can choose to use your real name OR to be anonymous. Hoping to hear some amazing stories, and get some good advice.
Michelle

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1