WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Dear Client: (Rant ahead!)

Peaked
11-16-2015, 09:16 PM
Thank you for allowing me to transcribe your company's reports. I appreciate the confidence you have in my abilities.

You directed me to transcribe each report verbatim - every sound, every uh, um, ah -- Every.Single.Sound. "Capture all inflections in speakers' voices," you instructed.

Please educate me -- How am I to transcribe the rather disgusting and uncouth noises the speaker is making while he is dictating and eating at the same time?? Burps? Slurps? Sucking through teeth? Smooches? (!!) Yes, Every.Single.Sound!!

It is very difficult to capture what the speaker is saying while he is gnawing his way through a sandwich and making noises that a drove of swine is sure to envy!

So, dear Client, I think we need to have a little discussion on what you would really like to have transcribed after you review this report.

Thank you very kindly for your consideration.

Janey Leigh

/rant

p.s. I will never be able to look at this particular dictator in the eyes again without thinking about his particular skills!!

Fingers
11-17-2015, 07:10 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's good... very good. Made me laugh. I feel your pain.