WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Peaked
10-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Hello all,

I have a huge project coming down the pipeline, upwards of 150 audio hours (audio should be crystal clear), and I will definitely need a few people to help me out. The pay will be $1.00 per audio minute with a three- to four-day turnaround.

Since I'm very new to this board and you don't know me from Adam, I was thinking I could post a project on Guru or Elance (or something similar) and put money into escrow to allay any trust issues.

My question to you is: Will I get a better response posting here, or should I go through a freelance site?

Thank you in advance for your help.

J. Leigh

Gutsy
10-20-2015, 01:03 AM
Hi J. Leigh

I may be able to help with this but I would need funds paid into Paypal.

PeterF
10-20-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm interested and I can definitely help you out with at least 1 hour per day, or more as other projects clear up. Please feel free to get in touch with me through the messaging system here if you'd like to discuss details.

bird_verde
10-20-2015, 07:18 PM
I am interested and have availability. Something like Elance is fine with me but I am also open to payment through Paypal. I will send you a pm.

Peaked
10-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Hello all,

Firstly, I want thank everyone who replied and/or applied.

Secondly, on the advice of my accountant, I have to collect Social Security and ID information. To make this easy for me and confidential for you, I have decided to use Guru. I know they charge a fee, so I will increase the per minute amount to cover a portion of this. So please be on the look-out for the project on guru.com.

J. Leigh

JennBA
10-26-2015, 04:30 AM
I sent you a PM expressing interest.

Paypal is easiest, but GURU is fine as well.

Peaked
11-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Good evening, everyone!

Thank you once again for all your eager replies. I have received more details about this project and, unfortunately, due to the nature of this project, I will have to hire locally. Background checks will need to be run, so I will be using a local employment/temporary agency to take care of all the administrative details and payroll.

The next time I have work that is not so specialized, I will be sure to post here.

Thanks again!

J. Leigh

DJManas
11-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Hello all,

I have a huge project coming down the pipeline, upwards of 150 audio hours (audio should be crystal clear), and I will definitely need a few people to help me out. The pay will be $1.00 per audio minute with a three- to four-day turnaround.

Since I'm very new to this board and you don't know me from Adam, I was thinking I could post a project on Guru or Elance (or something similar) and put money into escrow to allay any trust issues.

My question to you is: Will I get a better response posting here, or should I go through a freelance site?

J. Leigh

Hello,

Our service: https://speechtotextservice.com/

Can help you to do whole project :) Let us know if you are interested.

Venus_Myr
11-14-2015, 08:09 PM
How much do you pay?

carrievirtual
11-15-2015, 07:10 AM
Hello all,

J. Leigh

My response is, if you plan on employing more than three people, it will be easier for you and the workers posting on Elance [I think it's one of the best platforms] since you can also have a medium on which you can fire anyone who's not performing. Some workers unfortunately tend to ask for work and not deliver. On the other hand, the worker will put more effort when they are assured of payment. Either way, I think you are genuine and I'm ready to start ASAP if you still have a few openings left. :)

Alba
11-15-2015, 09:55 AM
DJ Manus and Carrievirtual,
It might be a good idea to read what Peaked said in their post of November 9th.

Venus Myr,
You might like to read Peaked's first post and then the update.