WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

funmomma
10-08-2015, 05:46 PM
There was quite a dance party at our home office (they posted a video for us- haha!) as we celebrated our 2,000th Compassionate Entrepreneur joining Trades of Hope!! We have doubled in less than a year. This represents so many lives touched by this army of marketers selling our artisan's beautifully hand made (& fair trade) items. We believe that women have the chance to be the hero of their own story! They don't want continued charity... they just want an opportunity to make thing better for their families. I think that's a universal desire. <3 So proud to see our growth and I can't wait until we double again!!
Amanda

And on a side note, I am very excited that one of the co-producers of the film - Poverty Inc. - is coming to Kansas City to do a Q&A after the premier of the film here in my home town next month. If you're interested in solving poverty & social justice, search for a screening in a city nearby. Here's the trailer!
https://vimeo.com/109863354

MargoWAHM
11-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Hi Amanda, I just found out about TOH and had a few questions but didn't want to submit it to customer service because I don't want anyone to recruit me. On the website I couldn't find out if there's already CEs in my area, Fort Collins, CO. Does anyone here have access to that info? Also, do we get to pick the products included in our starter kit or can we at least see exactly what we're getting? And lastly, can we be successful at this without selling to friends and family? I'd like to not solicit them but rather set up a table at a craft fair. How does that work? How much of an investment to purchase inventory is needed would you say? Thank you in advance! Margo

funmomma
11-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Hi Margo, I'm happy to help answer a few questions for you. :)
If you go to the main TOH website and click under join there is a place on the right hand side where you can click to find a CE. Here is the link to type in your zip code & see how many other CEs are in your area. Firestorm Distributor Locator Tool (http://mytradesofhope.com/membertoolsdotnet/utils/distributorlocatortool.aspx)
From one Fort Collin's zip code, it looks like there are a few CEs about 45-50 miles from you. You can put in your exact zip code and see the list. :)

The kits are set but we do have 3 kit options. There is a picture on our website under purchase your kit for the $99 kit (our most popular kit). Here is a list of what is included in each kit.
$99.00 Travelers Kit:
Cue cards, sales receipts 2 sets of 25, catalog set of 25, Thank You Post cards set of 25, Invitations set of 25, Haiti Restoration Bracelet, Indian Messenger Bag, Inverted Capiz Earrings, Thai Pearl Bracelet, Paisley journal, Peruvian Turquoise Earrings, Indian Plaid Scarf, Eternal Seed Necklace, Linen Pad, Large Linen Necklace Display, Earring Stand, Medium 1.5 inch black tray.

$199.00 Adventure kit:
Cue cards, sales receipts 2 sets of 25, catalog set of 25, Thank You Post cards set of 25, Invitations set of 25, Haiti Restoration Bracelet, Indian Messenger Bag, Inverted Capiz Earrings, Thai Pearl Bracelet, Paisley journal, Peruvian Turquoise Earrings, Indian Plaid Scarf, Eternal Seed Necklace, Love Bowl, Offer of Hope Set, Uganda Wrap Bracelet, Inspiration Earrings, Deep Aqua Necklace, Imperial Copper Cuff, Bombolulu Earrings, Metallic Scarf, Dassah Tote, 2 Linen Pads, Large Linen Necklace Display, Small Linen Necklace Display, 2 Earring Stands, 2 Medium 1.5 inch black trays.

$399.00 world changer kit:
Cue cards, sales receipts 2 sets of 25, 2 catalog sets of 25, Thank You Post cards set of 25, Invitations set of 25, Mumbai Set, Nina Necklace, Bounty of Blues Scarf, Butterfly Bird Feeder, Kari Set, Cloud Nine Scarf, Pink Drop Earrings, Silver Linings Necklace, Double Mango Trivet, Eastern Blue Jute Bag, Flower Bowl, Peru Knot Cuff, Sonia Striped Bag, Turtle Backpack, Haiti Restoration Bracelet, Indian Messenger Bag, Inverted Capiz Earrings, Thai Pearl Bracelet, Paisley journal, Peruvian Turquoise Earrings, Indian Plaid Scarf, Eternal Seed Necklace, Love Bowl, Offer of Hope Set, Uganda Wrap Bracelet, Inspiration Earrings, Deep Aqua Necklace, Bombolulu Earrings, Metallic Scarf, Dassah Tote, Imperial Copper Cuff, Silver Luna Necklace,Jewelry Display Bundle, 3 Earring Stands, 4 Medium 1.5 inch black trays

Of course you can start with a cold market if you prefer and this is the perfect time of year to set up a booth if you can still find open spots. I have found a very warm reception at most vendor events. When you share just a little bit about what we're trying to accomplish by giving these parents a chance to sell their hand made items in the US market to be empowered out of Poverty... most women seem to "get it'. They are usually impressed at the quality and the reasonable prices, especially when we explain that the artisans are receiving their full asking price and are making 4-6x the amount the could make selling them in their own country. At vendor booths I find they are drawn in by the display because they like something and with a little education/explanation they love our mission.
I personally don't carry any inventory. Just my demo kit that I also wear. I take orders at my table and let them know that their entire order (no matter how big or how small) ships straight to their door for just $4.95. Some CEs offer discounted shipping but not all of us do. There are some CEs who build up stock using host benefits, etc. and choose to sell off their table but it's certainly not required. In my year & a half of being with TOH and doing booths I only have had 1 woman walk off because she didn't want to wait for it to ship. I usually encourage my team to keep their risk low and keep any inventory to a min. but it's each woman's business and she/you have the option to run it how it works best them them/you.
Trades of Hope is an amazing company, creating so much positive change. One of our Vision Trip group of CEs just came back from Haiti and one of the leaders of an artisan group - Shelley- let us know that first of all, we are her biggest purchaser/seller. That last year when we had 1,000 CEs selling she was being able to employ 280 artisans part-time. As of this last month (just after we reached 2,000) she was being able to employ 300 artisans - FULL TIME!! That makes my heart very happy. <3
If you have any further questions, just let me know. Happy to share info.
Amanda

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1