WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Created my first fan page on FB

ZenDude
09-30-2015, 07:05 AM
It's in a pretty broad niche, so I think I should be able to capitalize on it in quite a few ways. I'm using blogs as well to provide content and also have some ads on them as a possible income source.

What is the best way you've found to get likes? I want real likes, not just fake likes from people who will never participate or buy anything. Right now I have a few likes from friends and from a group I run, but I'm going to need a lot more.

I think I'm doing something wrong, though. I tried to like other pages under my fan page name and it came out under my regular user name. Anyone know how to make sure you're liking under your fan page name? Do I need to create a new identity just for my fan pages?

Would appreciate any help you could give me.

christent04
10-01-2015, 11:51 AM
You need to log in under your page when you like other pages. For gaining likes, I targeted certain groups and promoted my page a couple of times. Each time went really well. I gained a lot of likes that way.

As far as identities go, I have my author name, but it's me in the picture that I've uploaded for the profile picture.

When I'm active on my page, I get a lot of feedback from the people who follow me and it also grows organically. I just have a crazy schedule at times and I don't always tend to it.

ZenDude
10-03-2015, 01:48 PM
You need to log in under your page when you like other pages. For gaining likes, I targeted certain groups and promoted my page a couple of times. Each time went really well. I gained a lot of likes that way.

As far as identities go, I have my author name, but it's me in the picture that I've uploaded for the profile picture.

When I'm active on my page, I get a lot of feedback from the people who follow me and it also grows organically. I just have a crazy schedule at times and I don't always tend to it.

ETA: Never mind. Figured it out.
How do I log in under my page when I created my page while logged in under my normal ID? I don't know how to do that. When I post on my page, it posts as the page name, but as soon as I leave the page, it posts as my ID.

christent04
10-05-2015, 03:44 AM
Click on the arrow like I did in the screen shot. Your page should be there. It lets you switch profiles so that you can like other pages as your page.

Also, when you're liking things, you can always switch the profile even when you're under your personal profile. Hover above the little thumbnail below the "Boost Post" button(like in the picture). Click on the arrow. You can change the profile from there.

Finally, before you share something, click the "Share" button, but don't click "Share Now." Scroll down to the option below, "Share" and click that. From there you can change the profile for the posts you share. Hope this helps!

ZenDude
10-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Thanks a lot. FB is a complete mystery to me sometimes. So I can join groups under my ID and post in them under my page ID by changing it up top?

christent04
10-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Thanks a lot. FB is a complete mystery to me sometimes. So I can join groups under my ID and post in them under my page ID by changing it up top?

I don't think you can join groups as a page, but if you create a personal profile for your page, then you can. I've never tried to join a group as any of my pages.

ZenDude
10-06-2015, 08:10 AM
I don't think you can join groups as a page, but if you create a personal profile for your page, then you can. I've never tried to join a group as any of my pages.

Thanks for your help.

sallymandr
10-06-2015, 04:14 PM
I came across a lovely lady, Eleanore Strong, who is a genius at getting genuine followers and fans.

She has a FB group plus you should check out her blog for the 3-month business blueprint where she shares how to build an authentic audience. It is very detailed. (she gives the link to the group in her welcome email when you sign up for the blueprint)

Eleanore Strong | smart marketing strategies for aspiring entrepreneurs - Eleanore Strong (http://eleanorestrong.com/)

greatar4
10-19-2015, 10:15 AM

That's the biggest problem with running a Faceebook page. You might start with such a high level of energy and passion, then you end up getting to a point where you get slacky. Being consistent and persistent on a page isn't an easy task at all.

christent04
10-19-2015, 05:06 PM
That's the biggest problem with running a Faceebook page. You might start with such a high level of energy and passion, then you end up getting to a point where you get slacky. Being consistent and persistent on a page isn't an easy task at all.

Right??? It's kind of exhausting and I'm already sort of a recluse at times. Well, when I can be anyway... Having kids sort of prevents that most of the time, but not when it comes to other people.

Hey... You're sort of in my neck of the woods.

TniRecruiter
10-20-2015, 04:50 AM
It's in a pretty broad niche, so I think I should be able to capitalize on it in quite a few ways. I'm using blogs as well to provide content and also have some ads on them as a possible income source.

What is the best way you've found to get likes? I want real likes, not just fake likes from people who will never participate or buy anything. Right now I have a few likes from friends and from a group I run, but I'm going to need a lot more.

I think I'm doing something wrong, though. I tried to like other pages under my fan page name and it came out under my regular user name. Anyone know how to make sure you're liking under your fan page name? Do I need to create a new identity just for my fan pages?

Would appreciate any help you could give me.

You have to keep content coming. Best advertisement is word of mouth. You also have to create a networking among other pages. Find pages that have "ladders" where you can share your FB link and find pages similar to yours to like and people will do the same for you. The paid advertisements from FB only generate empty likes from "click farms." Or so I read.

Visit ours! Good luck! We are TNi Recruiting.

sallymandr
11-09-2015, 01:13 PM
So what does everyone do to manage social media?

How long do you use one site?

I'd like to say 30 minutes, but it really depends on my goal.

Right now I'm getting started so need to build a following and connections. Time spent on connecting and answering questions is about 1 - 2 hours on Facebook and about an 1-hour on Twitter.

I haven't even begun to connect much over on G+ or Pinterest.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1