WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

opportunityknocks
09-27-2015, 09:24 AM
What are some good fitness ideas for someone with bad knees and back?

blinky
09-30-2015, 05:13 PM
Hi! Have you heard about the Sit and Be Fit series? The show is on some PBS channels and there are some exercise DVDs on Amazon. The instructor shows you how you can sit in a chair and still exercise effectively. The exercises are designed for people who have leg/knee and or balance issues and can't remain standing during exercise.

I hope that helps!

Blinky :-)

kelz784
10-01-2015, 04:05 PM
I actually saw a video on Facebook the other day about an ex military paratrooper who had injured his back and knees so badly during his years of service, that he couldn't walk without walking sticks.

The doctors told him he would never walk unaided again, but he started doing yoga, lost a whole lot of weight and is now running!

It was pretty inspirational.

I wouldn't mind starting yoga myself :)

ben'smom
10-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Hello friends...

I am getting discouraged...gastric bypass, vegetarianism, on the way to veganism and I am still big...this is nuts...utterly nuts...I have a thyroid condition and it is not getting better...I am going to take the wheel, get off this Synthroid and go the natural route with selenium, lecithin, and coconut oil capsules with Vitamin D3 and B-12...I am going to go for it.... What do I need? Some encouragement, and support...I am going in friends. I am going in...wish me luck..

Roya

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1