WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Any "secrets to success?"

fgatlin
09-18-2015, 07:23 AM
Hi all,

I am the husband of a Scentsy Consultant. I have been helping my wife achieve her goals for the last 63 days (since we started Scentsy). We have made shooting star, and have just managed to make the certifies level after I placed the order for her shooting star kit. (plus, the WOTH is coming out today as well).

I really want her to succeed and am in need of how we can make it over the hump to make Scentsational Start. We only have a few days to go. We have not had a home party yet, and have made our way through thus far doing events, and our next event is the day after our 70th day.

Both her and my facebook friends are not even remotely interested, although we do have 146 likes on our Scentsy page (uberbella). I am at a loss. Any advice is welcomed.

Thank you all.

Frank

SabrinaGould
09-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Try to get a home party in. I haven't had a home party that was less than $300!

AletheaAnderson
09-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Hello Frank,

What a great hubby you are for helping your wife glow and grow her Scentsy business!

Have you tried any local marketing?

i.e. selling warmers to local businesses (and selling a program of auto-orders monthly?) For instance they get a warmer and then order 4 new bars each month, one per week! It's a great way to generate ongoing business, simply have them choose the scents and deliver once per month!

Now you can do the same for the beautiful new diffusers and oils!

RE: Facebook, not all 146 people will see every post that is made, FB restricts how many people actually see every post so it is likely only a small % of that 146 are even seeing the posts. Keep building the page, the more engagement you get (likes/comments) will help the page to get a higher % of viewers!

Alethea

JSchwarze
09-20-2015, 11:46 AM
What an awesome spouse to support your wife on her new journey! Kudos to you. I would suggest an open house. Setup a display and have an open house for a few hours... let people come and tell them about the products. Have samples ready to give out. Good luck!!!

kelz784
10-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Some great tips here!

I didn't realise that the more people that engage on Facebook, the more your posts are seen. Very interesting.

An open home is a great idea. I'll be having one soon, as I can't do parties at the moment until my panic attacks bugger off :)

mountaintweet12
10-18-2015, 02:46 PM
Post flyers everywhere you go with community billboards. Talk to everyone and anyone you come across everywhere (strangers in the grocery store, etc) and casually sneak Scentsy into the conversation. Brand yourself (t-shirts, buttons, etc). Always have samples on hand to pass out. Call, text, and message everyone you know and ask them about booking a party. Whatever you do don't stop trying! =)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1