WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

WesLeadz
09-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Hello,
Hope you are all well.

I am somewhat new to the Affiliate space and looking at my options for campaigns I can run. Iíve come across several MLM programs, and trying to figure out which programs to avoid and which I should run.

Iíve read many things about scams and donít want to start off on the wrong foot. Any companies, offers, or networks to avoid, please help.

Any information would be great.
Thanks!

greatar4
09-14-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm not that familiar with Multi Level Marketing, but I'd recommend you to do is to make a thorough research about it in Google or head to Youtube and find out what people are actually saying about it.

Cornelius
09-14-2015, 06:03 PM
First thing to consider is how much money you are looking to make. Career change or to just take care of a few bills. Then research some companies to find a fit and then go to work building. Do you have a issue with recruiting and training? If so then consider companies where you can make a decent amount just from personal sales.

The MLM industry is a great industry but no matter what anyone says it takes work and there's no majic bullet. Myself I lean toward companies that have products or services that pay a decent commision just from personal sales. Sometimes people have to make some money even if it's just to pay a pressing bill.

As for scams and good companies. There are scams in the market place but they usually shut down or get shut down so that's not a big issue to me. As for good companies? Most if not many people go through many companies or get recruited by a friend or family. Check with people on your FB page and see if anyone represents a company and take a look or just look in this message board Network Marketing section. Just post your looking for a company or want advice and many people will contact you.

I wish you the best.

edward222
09-15-2015, 01:52 AM
MLM is good,
if networking is your passion,
then that business is for you.
If theres an MLM company that
offers you something that are too
good to be true like, "Just pay us
with this xxxx amount then your set, just take your seat...
you will be successful". Then thats probably a scam.
Always remember that in any business,
sweat and blood should be sacrificed in order
for you to achieve success. Why?
Because you will never appreciate the beauty of success,
without pain and just sitting there :).

Best of luck :)

sreece
09-16-2015, 09:05 AM
There are so many MLM's to choose from. I would say that the top consideration before promoting any of them would be to study the comp plan. We have been in several that had such horrible comp plans that it was almost impossible to earn money with them. Lots of time wasted! But it was all a learning curve. The one we are in now has a fantastic comp plan with lots of bonuses available to the person just starting out. That makes it much more do-able. Good luck in your online adventure.

crisstar
09-17-2015, 11:50 AM
Hello,
Hope you are all well.

I am somewhat new to the Affiliate space and looking at my options for campaigns I can run. Iíve come across several MLM programs, and trying to figure out which programs to avoid and which I should run.

Iíve read many things about scams and donít want to start off on the wrong foot. Any companies, offers, or networks to avoid, please help.

Any information would be great.
Thanks!

Here's the problem...

There are probably thousands of network marketing companies. There are new ones springing up all the time so there's no way anyone can tell you which ones specifically to avoid.

The important thing here is that you:

1. To reduce your risks, join a company that has been in business at least a couple of years
2. Choose a company that has REAL products and services that REAL people are buying - not just distributors themselves
3. There WILL always be naysayers who are down on everything - they hate mlm/network marketing, they hate Internet marketing, they hat this company and that company... so when you read reviews of a company either pro or con, take it with a grain of salt.

If you do your due diligence and do 1 and 2, you're in much better position to not be swayed by either side.

My two cents.

Animal Lover
09-21-2015, 12:25 AM
make sure the product is something you believe in and feel confident promoting to others. And be prepared to do some work, no matter how easy any company tells you their system is, there is still some work to be done

Jeffrey Sloe
09-21-2015, 05:20 AM
Iíve come across several MLM programs, and trying to figure out which programs to avoid and which I should run.

Look for companies that are more "customer centric", focused on customers, rather than focused on distributors. Having a large customer base will sustain any business in the long run, as distributors seem to jump from opportunity to opportunity. Also, many of the "distributor first" MLM companies have a larger upfront signup fee, and are the ones being sought after by the feds. Do you research on the company and the people behind it before joining.

Richard Johnson
09-21-2015, 01:38 PM
I do highly suggest that you avoid all the MLM programs, because they will scam you in no time. MLM works like a pyramid, so when you enter you are at the base of the pyramid and the odds to stay there and loose all the invested money is very high. This will only work if you have a great list of friends, co-workers, prospects, etc. Either way referring them you will be putting those people at risk in terms of loosing their money.

katelynsdad
09-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Personally, I've always been suspicious of MLM programs... I've had friends that have joined several various ones for several years, but I have yet see them become rich (as claimed)

crisstar
09-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Personally, I've always been suspicious of MLM programs... I've had friends that have joined several various ones for several years, but I have yet see them become rich (as claimed)

Joining an mlm business does NOT make you rich. Your efforts (or lack thereof) determines the results that one gets.

Having been in the home business industry for a bit I can tell you that the majority of people who join any kind of biz opp or affiliate program will NOT do what it takes to see success.

Lack of skills and lack of desire are two of the biggest culprits for this.

Just my two cents...

Monolithic
10-15-2015, 11:46 AM
I don't do the traditional MLM anymore, but when I was in them, I had mixed results. In all the MLMs I tired, the training was fantastic. You learn how to expand your zone of comfort, meet people, listen, teach, etc. I was only able to translate that into income with one MLM, though.

And this is what I really learned from MLM: It's good to be early. I joined an energy company MLM when it first started and it was so easy to make money. This was after spending a few years with a well established, old time MLM, in which I made zero money (but learned a lot). It eventually fizzled out as most tend to do.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1