WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : A Remarkable Woman

cabimom
09-13-2015, 07:49 PM
I recently posted some very bad news on my Facebook page about a devastating fire in a community in Lake County California where I used to live and asked for prayers for those poor souls who have lost everything. I have 90 friends on my FB page and guess who sent prayers immediately? Candace Dye. A truly remarkable woman I am proud to know.. Thank you Candy!

AprioriCandy
09-14-2015, 04:59 AM
Thank you for your kind words, Cheryl.

A few years ago, I was driving home after dropping my husband off at the airport for a business trip, and noticed a huge plume of smoke coming from the vicinity of my home.

This was the beginning of the "Portola Fire" which ravaged for over a week, with 60 mph winds.The smoke and embers came straight at us, and we were encouraged to evacuate. My kids and I packed up our most precious belongings in a hurry and spent the night at the Red Cross Shelter. They were a God send. I can still picture us sleeping on cots in a large auditorium,thankful to be breathing clean air.

We did not know what we would return to the next day when we were told we could go home, as the fire was rapidly moving south. It was beautiful to have friends reach out with love and prayers for our safety. We were very fortunate as the fire came within a few blocks of us, with no real damage to our neighborhood but a few trees that were burned, while even the Fire Station Command Center was afffected.

I will continue to pray for all who lost their homes and businesses, that they will be comforted in their loss, and find strength for a new beginning.

God bless them,
xo Candy

cindi8d
09-14-2015, 11:59 AM
I couldn't agree more! Love Candy!!

Cindi

PinkPea
09-14-2015, 05:32 PM
I couldn't agree more! Love Candy!!

Cindi

Sending sincere prayers and hope to all who have EVER been affected by fire or lost belongings or loved ones or pets. Such a sad time for many in northern California.

Pink Pea

AprioriCandy
09-15-2015, 05:25 AM
Hi, Everyone,

This is so awful for those in the fire areas - so far 535 homes destroyed, 23,000 people displaced
and 8,000 homes threatened as of this morning.

We must continue to pray for these families, the firefighters, and offer any support we can, as the fires are still ravaging these areas.

xoxo Candy

cabimom
09-16-2015, 04:09 PM
I have seen pictures of my personal friends' homes that have been reduced to rubble. Entire streets are gone. The stories are heart wrenching of those who have lost their homes, their horses, their pets and everything they own.

I lived in this community of Hidden Valley Lake/ Middietown for many years, sold real estate there and have ridden motorcycles with my husband through the beautiful hills and trees that are now blackened and barren. It will be many ,many years before the area will be beautiful again. But these people will band together and rebuild. Everyone knows everyone else and they are all going to help each other rebuild. Thank God it is raining today to help the brave firefighters to put this devastating fire to rest as well as the fire on the other ridge on the opposite side of the state. Send your thoughts and prayers for these wonderful communities.

AprioriCandy
09-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Grateful for your update, Cheryl!

Thank goodness they are a close family of neighbors and friends. Their support of each other, mutual encouragement and love for one another will sustain them through this tough time and looking ahead to rebuilding their entire community.

Thanking God for this rain, and more rain coming next week.
Praying for all those who are exhausted with worry and those fighting the fires.

xoxo

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1