WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Headset question

tripmom
09-13-2015, 02:35 PM
A client of mine recently switched to using Calibrio to make their recordings and now I'm finding that when I play the audio, I get one person speaking through the left side of my headset, and the next person speaking through the right side. The client tells me that there are headsets available wherein you can adjust that so that it comes across through both sides of the headset simultaneously. Do you know of any specific brand that does this? I prefer noise cancelling, over-the-ear style headset. This audio is driving me nuts!

mully
09-14-2015, 05:11 AM
I can't answer your question about which brand of headset, but you may try these two things before you pick up a new pair. If your headset is a plug in versus USB, have you tried wiggling the plug out a tad? Often this will allow it to be in stereo. Have you tried using Audacity to make it into a stereo track? I have to do this with some files - can't stand in one ear only files - and it's quite easy to do, and Audacity is free.

tripmom
09-14-2015, 03:28 PM
My client gave me a new headset. All the transcriptionists were having the same problem. These are Califone 2068 AV and I love them! You can set them to mono or stereo and adjust the volume right on the headset. They are also noise cancelling. Haven't worn them for long yet, but they are pretty comfy so far.