WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Allegis anyone?

divajant
08-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Hey guys, I recently received an email invitation to apply for a transcription job at Allegis, which is great. I hear great things about them all the time and I know they pay well. My question is one of the requirements is to be able to transcribe about 100 pages of audio within a 8 to 10 hour period. I happen to be very diversified and was wondering if anyone is working or has worked for Allegis can break that down for me. I want the job, but I want a little more flexibility in the amount of work I take. I believe in being on time and turning in quality work. I'm afraid that this will affect that. Any feedback is appreciated.:confused:

carrievirtual
08-27-2015, 02:18 PM
100 pages in 8 hours yikes!! :( Goodluck cuz, you'll need it!!

Littlepinky
08-27-2015, 07:42 PM
Hi divajant,
Another real concern you should consider is their audio quality. Their biggest client, which is where most people are put, has consistently terrible audio and I dropped my contract with them mainly for that reason. But they have a presence on this and other transcription forums so as soon as anyone tries to share ugly truths like this, they sweep in and try to mitigate the damage. They do it very politely and professionally, but they do it. You have to dig a little deeper in your searches to find the bad as well as the good about Allegis. Allegis will tell you that some of the audio is sometimes bad, but in truth, you can expect nearly all of the audio to always be bad, really bad. As far as their page requirements, they have a weekly minimum but it is only counted weekly and there is never a requirement to do a certain number of pages in an 8-10 hour period. I think that is what they are guesstimating it takes the average person if you add it all up, but it's just an average. Pay is middling range.
HTH.

divajant
08-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Hi divajant,
Another real concern you should consider is their audio quality. Their biggest client, which is where most people are put, has consistently terrible audio and I dropped my contract with them mainly for that reason. But they have a presence on this and other transcription forums so as soon as anyone tries to share ugly truths like this, they sweep in and try to mitigate the damage. They do it very politely and professionally, but they do it. You have to dig a little deeper in your searches to find the bad as well as the good about Allegis. Allegis will tell you that some of the audio is sometimes bad, but in truth, you can expect nearly all of the audio to always be bad, really bad. As far as their page requirements, they have a weekly minimum but it is only counted weekly and there is never a requirement to do a certain number of pages in an 8-10 hour period. I think that is what they are guesstimating it takes the average person if you add it all up, but it's just an average. Pay is middling range.
HTH.

Thanks for that bit of info, because I don't care of difficult audio. I've had the same contract for over five years and I stay with them because of the quality of audio the give me, and they respect the fact that I don't take difficult audio because I can't provide quality work. I think I'll pass on this one for now. Always another fire in the iron anyway.

NewYorkTranscription
08-29-2015, 06:57 PM
I've worked with Allegis for over 4 years and find their audio to be fine! Sure, there are a few that are harder to hear, but that's with any job.

If you have any questions, I would just ask Allegis! They can give you the most accurate information.

Good Luck! :)

divajant
08-30-2015, 05:38 PM
I've worked with Allegis for over 4 years and find their audio to be fine! Sure, there are a few that are harder to hear, but that's with any job.

If you have any questions, I would just ask Allegis! They can give you the most accurate information.

Good Luck! :)

Thanks! I think I will give them a call.