WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Audacity

Gutsy
08-18-2015, 03:40 AM
Hi guys,

Has anybody actually got much success out of using Audacity to clean up audio?

I have a few problems:
Firstly, I think I have static coming through my headphones and speakers and Iím not sure why. I can go through a whole lot of things, moving appliances away, turning them off, etc, etc, but I am wondering if my PC is actually grounded properly. And I canít get rid of that noise.
Also, Iíve been to Audacity, taken a noise sample, profiled it, and tried to reduce the noise using Audacityís noise reduction feature on a noisy file that Iím busy with now. And nothing seems to work. I must say nothing I ever try really works and I spend a long time trying it.
So are there any Audacity experts here that can explain to me in laymanís English
- How to get rid of static
- How to reduce background noise (I have ambient room noise as well as voices, etc, etc, I think they recorded at a restaurant. So the noises are varied.)
- What I would ideally like is something that as opposed to me telling it what I DONíT want, I could simply tell it that I DO want the voices and I donít want anything else.
Thoughts?

macdknife
08-18-2015, 05:00 AM
Hope this helps, it's worked for everyone:

Technology Made Easy: Removing Hiss with Audacity (http://www.deeplysimple.net/2006/10/removing-hiss-with-audacity.html)

Give me a PM if it helps okay :)

Jim.

Gutsy
08-19-2015, 12:19 AM
Thankyou Jim I'm checking that out now.